𝐈𝐗. 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

Chapter Nine
FORGIVENESS

     The next day at school there was a rumor going around that Sam had gone down on Kyler in a movie theater

The next day at school there was a rumor going around that Sam had gone down on Kyler in a movie theater. She didn't think it was true. Despite the people Sam hung around with she just didn't seem like the type of girl to do that in public.

     The girl was scrolling through Instagram while she waited for the lunch bell to ring. Her entire timeline was filled with mean posts about Sam. She leaned over and showed Eli, who was starting his homework next to her.

     "I feel bad. No one deserves that." Mara nodded agreeing with the boy. He had a good heart and despite people being mean to him he never stooped to their level.

     The bell rang and Mara put her phone away and grabbed her bag. "I'm gonna go meet Aisha in the cafeteria. Are you ok to wait for Miguel and Demetri by yourself? They're right down the hall."

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I have to ask Mrs. Clarence a question about the homework anyway."

"Are you sure? Because I won't go if you're not—"

"Go. I'll be fine." He gently pushed her towards the door and laughed lightly when she turned back around to wave.

Mara eventually made it to lunchroom and quickly grabbed her lunch, which was just a hotdog, Doritos, applesauce, and an apple juice, before finding Aisha and taking a seat next to her. "Hey my fellow Cobra."

"Right back at you. Sensei Lawrence is so cool. He's gonna make us so badass."

"I have to say I agree. We won't be weak kids anymore. We'll actually know how to fight back now. I'm telling you no one will be ready for us."

Someone placed a tray beside her and she looked to her right to see Sam. She was gonna tell the girl she could sit but Aisha beat her to it.

"Oh, don't even think about it."

"Come on. I need a place to sit."

"Oh. You can go sit with Kyler. I hear he doesn't mind that you suck."

Sam looked at Mara who mouthed "sorry" to her. The girl started to walk away and Mara would have assumed she was going to sit somewhere else if it wasn't for the fact that she left her tray and she was walking towards Kyler.

She saw them exchange a few words and then Brucks laugh about something, before Sam threw his food on the floor. The entire lunchroom went quiet and Kyler stared at his food before looking back up at Sam. "Hey guys." He yelled so everyone could hear him. "You know that billboard with a big-ass dick on it? I guess Sam takes after her dad."

     Behind Kyler all of his friends laughed except for Ryan who was sitting down at their table scrolling through his phone.

     "Hey Kyler!" Mara turned around to see Miguel harshly drop his tray onto their table and approach the Asian boy. "Why don't you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?"