𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐤?

Chapter Seventeen
DON'T YOU KNOCK?

     Mara groaned as she tried to mix the thick cement

     Mara groaned as she tried to mix the thick cement. She was working with Gia. The new girl was having trouble carrying the heavy bags. It was clear Gia wasn't used to being worked this hard. She reminded Mara of herself when she first came to Cobra Kai. It was an unfamiliar environment that she was thrown into and she didn't have the chance to transition as easily into being a Cobra like Mara, Miguel, and Hawk did.

     Her black hair was tied in a high ponytail as she struggled to pour the cement. "Here how about we switch?" Gia nodded and Mara took the cement out of the girl's hands. It was still heavy for Mara but not to the point where she couldn't carry it. She was definitely having an easier time than Gia.

     The girls got back to work and suddenly they heard the sound of a horn honking. All of the students looked to see a giant cement truck pulling into the yard. "You've got to be shitting me." She looked at Gia who looked like she was about to pass out.

    "Line up!" Everyone dropped their tools and formed a group in front of the cement truck. Gia stuck close to Mara. "You think winning the All Valley gives you the right to goof off? Well, I got news for you. Winning one championship don't mean squat. A true champion never stops training. You gotta keep moving forward...or else you could get stuck exactly where you are. It's like the cement in this truck. If that drum doesn't start turning, the cement inside will harden and get stuck. Is that what you want to happen to you?"

     "No, Sensei."

     "Good. Then climb up, get inside, and make it spin." Mara looked over at Miguel confused. Wasn't that dangerous?

     "Sensei, we're sorry for messing around," Aisha told him pleadingly.

     "We learned our lesson," Hawk added. Mara bit her lip and looked down to prevent herself from saying anything sarcastic to the boy.

     Sensei walked over to the truck and pulled the ladder down harshly. "Get in!"

     "Sensei, this seems dangerous. I mean, the fumes alone—"

     "Quiet!" Everyone jumped at Mr. Kreese's voice and looked over at him. "This man led you to the mountaintop, and you question him? Look at you. Look at all of you. I can't believe this pathetic pack of pussies competed in the All Valley, and let alone won. It's an absolute miracle. And who's responsible for that miracle? Johnny Lawrence. The best student in the history of Cobra Kai. My student."

Mara's head perked up at that. Mr. Kreese taught Sensei? She knew that Sensei won many championships and if this was the guy to lead him to victory Mara knew she wanted him around to teach them.

"You were Sensei's Sensei?" Hawk voiced everyone's thoughts.

"You better believe it, kid. And I tell you I've never trained a tougher student in my whole life. So, if you know what's good for you, you better listen to every goddamn word he says." Kreese looked directly at Mara and she nodded and stepped forward at the same time as Miguel.