𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

Chapter Thirteen
PARTY CRASHERS

     Mara walked into school the next day with bags under her eyes

Mara walked into school the next day with bags under her eyes. She couldn't sleep last night, the fight with Hawk replaying over and over in her mind. When she walked into first period and saw the books layed out on the desks she facepalmed. She completely forgot they were taking the practice SATs today.

She saw Miguel and Demetri sitting next to each other so she just decided to take a seat next to a random person. Ryan was sitting in the front of the classroom with someone random too. Mara gave him a small smile and he sadly smiled back at her remembering how she had came home crying last night. Mara sat down next to a random girl. The girl looked at her and gave her a shy smile before going back to reading her book. Mara just nodded at her and took her seat. The test started and Mara found that nothing was very hard so she breezed through it.

Soon the test was over and Mara caught up with Miguel and Demetri as they left the classroom. When they passed through the doorway Miguel was pulled aside by a smiling Sam. She kissed him and Demetri and Mara looked away awkwardly. With perfect timing, Ryan chose that moment to come out of the classroom and he froze when he saw Sam and Miguel. Miguel and Sam pulled away from the kiss and that's when the boy noticed Ryan staring at them. He went to say something but Ryan just shook his head and walked off. Sam was confused and looked at Miguel. "What was that all about?"

"Nothing," Miguel replied quickly. Way too quick.

Mara grabbed Demetri's arm and pulled him away from the couple. "We'll meet you Miguel."

The Hispanic boy nodded and watched as they walked off. Mara caught up to her brother and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You ok?"

He nodded. "It hurts, but I have to get over it sometime."

"Don't worry Ryan. There is someone out there for you. It might not be Miguel, but that's ok. You just have to keep an open mind. You're soulmate could be right around the corner."

Ryan smiled at her and bumped her shoulder with his. The two turned the corner and Mara's smile dropped when she saw Hawk. He looked like a deer in the headlights when he saw her. "Mars. Can we talk? Please?"

"It depends. Are you gonna yell at me some more?"

"No!" Mara tilted her head and Hawk realized his mistake. "No." He said quieter this time. "I promise I won't yell. I just need to talk to you."

Mara reluctantly nodded and turned to Ryan. "I'll see you at home."

Ryan nodded and ruffled the hair on her head. He pointed his finger at Hawk. "Now I don't know what's gotten into you, but you better cut it out. If my sister comes home crying again I will personally walk over to your house and give you a piece of my mind." Hawk nodded, fear evident in his eyes.