𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕. 𝐏𝐮𝐥𝐩𝐨

Chapter Twenty-Four
PULPO

     It was the day before school started and Moon had told Mara she was throwing a party

     It was the day before school started and Moon had told Mara she was throwing a party. Mara was nervous. The last big party she went to she ended up leaving with a broken heart and a drinking problem. She just hoped this one wouldn't end up ending in disaster.

     She was going through all of the clothes in her closet trying to find the perfect outfit. There were clothes scattered all over the floor and clothes piled onto her bed. She didn't like her room being messy, but desperate times called for desperate measures.

     "You know I could help you." Mara turned around to see Ryan sitting at her desk. She looked down at his outfit which was a sweatshirt and jeans.

     "Yeah, no thanks." She continued to throw clothes behind her until she found a shirt she liked. She held up the outfit for her brother to see and he immediately shook his head.

     "Nope, not appropriate."

     "Great that means it's good." She put the clothes over her arm and walked into her bathroom.

     "What? No! Mara, get back here." She giggled and closed the door causing him to groan in defeat. "Little shit." He sat back down on her bed and went on his phone. Mara came back out a few minutes later and Ryan scowled at her outfit.

     She was wearing black jean shorts and a see-through mesh long sleeve top. The top had black stars printed all over it and it stopped right above her belly button. The only thing under the see-through shirt was a black bra. "I like it."

     "I don't."

     Mara pouted at him. "Well, that's just too bad. Come on it's time to go."

     "I don't think it's good for you to be around a bunch of alcohol."

     Mara grabbed her keys from the coffee table and looked back at him. "No, it's fine. I can't even look at a bottle let alone touch one since dad threw a bottle of vodka at my head."

     "He did what? When were you planning on telling me this?"

     She walked out of the house and down the driveway to her car. Opening the door she turned back to him "I'm honestly over it Ryan. I'm not gonna let dad, or anyone for that matter, turn me into a pussy. To be completely honest you should thank him for getting rid of my problem."

    Ryan was never going to thank their dad because it was clear Mara was not completely over it. She was putting on a strong front but he could tell she was close to breaking by pushing all of the emotions away. He was just scared whether she would release those emotions through anger or have a complete breakdown.

     "I'm worried about you Mars."

     "Don't be. I promise you I'm fine. Are you nervous?"