𝐢𝐯. 𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐍𝐨𝐰?

Chapter Four
WHO'S THE BITCH NOW?

     "Cyberbullying is no laughing matter

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter. Sending a cruel message to someone online can be just as hurtful as saying it to their face." Mara ignored Counselor Blatt as she gave her speech. The lady talked so much yet her point never got across to any of the students. Mara was busy reading the new issue of dungeon slayer that Demetri had leant her that morning. She didn't have time to go to the comic book store and he was generous enough to give her his copy.

"I'm not gonna name names, but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids online made fun of his facial deformity." Mara stiffened in her seat and she could feel everyone's eyes turn to her table. Eli sank down in his chair and covered his lip with his hand, obviously embarrassed. "But today, our goal is to make this school a safe space for all students."

"You know if you're sick of getting bullied, my karate dojo's looking for recruits."

Mara contemplated Miguel's idea. She could use something athletic to do since the Cross Country season was ending. She needed something to do to keep her active until track season.

     "You hear that guys. A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri replied sarcastically. He did a little karate motion with his arms and laughed.

     "I'm serious Demetri. My sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I could get all of you discounts."

     This perked Mara's interest and she was about to agree when she was cut off by Demetri again. She rolled her eyes.

     "As enticing as that sounds, I think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting hit in the face."

     Mara scoffed, "you don't even ask us what we wanted to do. We can speak for ourselves, Demetri."

     "One last thing. While we're all looking forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes are culturally sensitive. For example, instead of "sexy nurse,"  maybe try "gender-neutral hospital employee."

     Mara laughed at Counselor Blatt's obliviousness. She was talking to high schoolers. Of course, they're not gonna dress appropriately.

     "What are you going as Mara?" Miguel asked her interested in what she was planning to do for the dance.

     "It's a surprise." She wiggled her eyebrows and gave him a small smirk. She was excited to show the boys her costume. She wanted to see the surprised looks on their faces when they saw it at the dance. "What are you going as?"

     "I'm not sure. Maybe Deadpool?"

     Mara nodded. "That'll be cool. I'm excited to see it."

The four got up when the end of lunch bell rang and threw away their trash. Mara turned around and looked at Eli who had his hands stuffed in his pockets and his eyes were glued to the floor.

She took one of his hands out of his pocket and intertwined it with hers. "How about I walk you to class? I have gym now anyway so I can be a little late."

Eli nodded, so she pulled him along with her towards his math class.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Mara wiped the sweat off her face with her shirt as she breathed heavily. They were doing a mile run in gym today and had just finished. Unsurprisingly she was one of the first ones finished. She decided she would check her phone and sit on one of the bleachers while she waited for them to be dismissed to the locker room.

She was scrolling through Instagram when she got an anonymous message. Her finger hovered over it and in a split second of bravery, she pressed it. It was a video of her changing before class and the message under it said "You're just skin and bone, So easy to break. Watch your back bitch."

     Mara looked up onto the field to see who she remembered coming to class after her. She had been a little late since she walked Eli to class so she was in the locker room alone. The only person who came on the field after her was Moon. The girl was sitting on the grass and engaging in a conversation with one of their classmates.

     Mara didn't want to believe it was true. She didn't think Moon would go as far as to record her while she was changing but then again she barely knew Moon at all anymore. The girl had been corrupted by popularity and Mara didn't like the person she had become because of it. She glared at Moon who was laughing without a care in the world. If Moon wanted a bitch, then that's exactly what she would get.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Class was over now and Mara was leaning on the wall outside of the locker room. Moon came out a few seconds later and Mara didn't hesitate to grab the girl's wrist and pull her into an empty hall.

"Mara, what the hell is wrong with you?"

"Me. What's wrong with you?" Mara held up her phone so Moon could see the message. The girl's face dropped and she looked at Mara with a mix of guilt and shock on her face. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Throwing my clothes in the trash and writing mean notes is one thing but recording me while I'm practically naked is another!"

"Mara I'm-"

"What happened to you huh? You get popular and suddenly you think you're better than everyone else? You think you have the right to invade someone's privacy just because someone new and shiny comes along that makes you feel important. Well I have news for you. I'm done being nice. If you ever, ever come near me or talk to me again, I'll show you what a real bitch can do."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Moon was still shaken up from her conversation with Mara when she left school that day. She didn't know why the girl had thought she sent that message but she was going to get to the bottom of it.

She was trying to remember who she saw in the locker room that could have taken that video. She didn't remember anyone else being in there when she left. That meant it couldn't have been someone in their class. But who would—.

And then it clicked. It all made sense now. Who would want to get Mara so mad at her that the girl wouldn't even come near her anymore? Who would feel so threatened by Moon and Mara potentially becoming friends again that they would stoop this low? Only one name came to Moon's mind.

Yasmine.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Double update for you all until Thursday!

Lots of drama in this chapter and things only get worse from here! Moon is starting to see how bad Yasmine is. What do you think she'll do?

I will be going slightly off canyon with Moon for the next few episodes so I'm interested to see what you guys think will happen. As always make sure to vote and leave a comment telling me what you thought. Feedback is always appreciated!