𝐗𝐕𝐈. 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐞 𝐁𝐲 𝐌𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞

Chapter Sixteen
CALL ME BY MY NAME

     When Mara woke up the next morning she immediately got on the floor and started to do push-ups

When Mara woke up the next morning she immediately got on the floor and started to do push-ups. Ever since Robby had told her that she relied on her legs too much she had made sure to start focusing on fighting with her full body. If she wanted to be the best she had to train like it.

She finished her workout and decided now would be a good time to go on a run. Just because she wasn't the best at Cobra Kai didn't mean she had to lose her spot as the best on the track team. She passed by Ryan's room and knocked on his door. "I'm going on a run if you want to join!"

"I'm coming! Hold on a second." She waited a few moments and Ryan came out in a sleeveless shirt and shorts. "Sorry I was taking pictures for...actually never mind."

Mara just looked at him weirdly and walked into the kitchen to grab her water bottle. "I was thinking 5 miles today."

Ryan nodded. "Did you dye your hair again?"

Mara smirked. "Yeah. Thought I needed a change."

"It looks badass. Send me the name of your stylist."

"You're going to dye your hair?"

"No, Miguel is."

"Miguel told you he wants to dye his hair," Mara asked him in disbelief.

"Not exactly. I think he would look hot so I'm proposing the idea to him."

"Miguel is not going to dye his hair. Not even for you."

"I can be very persuasive." Ryan winked.

Mara just snorted. "Good luck with that lover boy." She grabbed his water bottle from the fridge and tossed it to him and they left the house to go for their run.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hawk watched from his window as Ryan and Mara jogged down the road. He didn't understand why she wasn't speaking to him. Was she mad because he found someone? To him, there was no problem with it. She told him she liked someone else so what was so wrong about him finding someone else too?

"Eli! Come down for breakfast!"

He sighed and left his spot by the window and went downstairs to eat. His mom had a stack of chocolate chip pancakes set out on the table. His favorite. "Thanks, Mom."

He sat down and started to eat and his mom frowned at his glum face. She sat down with her coffee in front of him. She had pretended not to notice his personality change when he decided to change his look, but she had never seen him look this sad since the change. "Why don't you invite Mara over? I haven't seen her in a while."