Chapter Sixteen

I sit patiently waiting for Chris to get back. I'm so scared and nervous of how he will react. I just want to lay down and cry. It's 8:45 and Chris is still nowhere to be found. I'm getting worried now. All of a sudden the door creeks open and Chris slides in. I stand,Che turns and his face is beaten. I just stand there and bunker down for the storm.
"You ok?" He asks.
"Are you ok?" I ask.
"I'll be ok." He says.
"Don't you want to talk about what happened?"
"Hailey, it was a mistake, not like you meant to do it."
"I'm sorry Chris.
"Hailey it's fine."
"Let me clean you up."
I sit him down and go and get a washcloth. I wet it and get a few band aids. I go to clean one of the cuts. My poor Chris. His lip is swollen and split, his nose is bruised, and his eye is black. He has a cut on his eyebrow. I press on his eyebrow and he flinches.
"I'm sorry for acting so rash before."
"You had a right to." I reassure him.
"I shouldn't have put you in that position."
"Nash is a prick. I'm sorry I ruined you friendship."
"No you didn't. He did."
I bandage up his eyebrow, and start to wipe off his lip. His poor lips. He pulls me down and sits me on his lap. Then he hugs me.
"I never mean to hurt you. I just over react sometimes."
"Chris."
"Just listen."
"You make me feel like I have something to look forward too. You make me happy."
"Chris."
"Hailey I love you. I love you so much. I mean that too. I. Love. You."
"I love you too."
I finish cleaning his cut and I've his lip and nose. Then I put on one of his long sleeve shirts and a pair of sweat pants and Chris gets changed out of his bloody clothes. We cuddle before I fall fast asleep.