Chapter four

When I got home from the party I quickly went up to my room, and quickly changed into some normal clothes. Then I made a quick glance at myself in the mirror, and fixed my make up. Now all I had to do was wait for Chris. Suddenly I get a text, of course it's Christian letting me know he was here.
I bounced up and made my way to the door. When I opened the door he was standing outside his car waiting to catch a glance at me. He smiles when he sees me and I can't help but to smile back. I prance down to his car and hop into the passenger seat. He gets In next to me.
"Hey, you look beautiful."
"Thanks, you look dapper as ever." I smile.
He smiles and puts his car into drive. He pulls away slowly and smoothly, and were off on our adventure.
"So where are we going?" I ask
"To one of my favorite hills in the are."
"What are we doing?"
"Star gazing."
Wow, I've never really done this before. But it sounds fun, and it may lessen my stress from earlier. The fact that this man sitting next to me is not only sweet and attractive, he seems to make me forget about all the troubles in the world. And I've only known him for a few hours now.
"Then were going to my favorite ice cream spots in Cali."
"It's midnight, everything's closed."
"It's open all day and night."
"Oh."
We arrive to his favorite hill and it's already set up. There's a blanket with two pillows and what seems to be a dozen roses spread out over the blanket. We get out and I feel like a small child on Christmas. This is such a surprise and it's so exciting I can't contain myself from leaping on this man.
"Just this much is beautiful and perfect."
I kiss him, he picks me up and carries me over to the blanket. He lays me down and leans over me still kissing me. He stops and rolls over, and oh my god. There's millions of them. Small white dots in the skies. I've never saw them like this. It's magical. I feel like I'm looking at millions of diamonds. It's beautiful.
"Oh my god."
"Beautiful right?" Chris asks.
"I've never saw anything like this."
"You've been missing out on something great."
I just can't help but gaze at the star. The image is just hugging my eyes. I turn over and face Christian. He's staring at me, he sits up and smiles.
"Do you smoke?" He asks as he pulls out a bag of little white paper things.
"Smoke what?"
"Weed."
I sit up in shock. He pulls one of the things out of the bag and lights it. He takes a puff and inhales it. I'm so angry right now. This is what tore me and jake apart. The images of the past come back to haunt me. Just when I thought this kid could make me feel happy and forget about the world, it just turns out to be an illusion. I get up in disgust and start to walk off.
"Hailey, wait." Chris says as he chases after.
"What!" I say as I turn to face him.
"I'm sorry if I offended you. I just thought..."
"I want you to take me home." I cut him off.
He looks at me in shock and steps back. He runs his hand through his hair and sighs.
"Fine, get in the car."
I get in the car as Chris goes back and packs up his stuff. I knew it, this man couldn't be perfect. It's crushing, and it's painful. I hold back tears as strongly as I could. He gets in the car and pulls off. I can't even look at him. If I do I may break down, or say things really mean. I just keep looking out the window as the darkness gets lighter and more houses start to pass by.
He pulls up to my house and parks the car. I can sense him look at me and want to say something, but he doesn't. I open the door and turn to shut the door. When I do, he immediately pulls off, and I finally let go. I start sobbing and drop to the floor. I just lay there looking up, and I can't see any stars. Nothing but just a blank black sky and street lights. I just lay there and sob.