Chapter Twelve

We get to this teen club called 24/7. The room is filled with dancing and partying teens, flashing lights, and tables. It smells like sweat and cigarettes. I follow Chris in, who makes his way over to the bar. He orders two Shirley temples, and hands me one of the glasses. Then we head upstairs into the VIP area.
He escorts me in, he sits me down at a table, and leaves the room. A tall boy with bright blue eyes comes walking in and sits down next to me with a smile.
"You must be Hailey." He says
"Are you Nash?"
"The one and only. Now tell me, why are you dating Chris when you could be dating me?" He laughs.
I get really uncomfortable all of a sudden. Something just doesn't seem right about Nash. He seem darker, scarier, and more pushy than anyone I know. Chris reenters to join us and greets Nash with a friendly hello. I just sit there awkwardly quiet.
"Hailey this is Nash."
"I know, we just met."
We sit down and Chris and Nash have a conversation about football and hockey. I just sup at my drink. Listening, and listening. I place my drink down and with one swift motion, Nash splashes the drink everywhere. I get up and head to the bathroom to get paper towels, as does Chris.
As were cleaning up the spill, Nash comes back with another drink for me and apologizes. I take the drink and drink it. We head on down to the dance floor. Were dancing, having fun, Chris and I are kissing. Then I feel weird. Numb, the room is spinning, I sit down. I feel dizzy and weird. Chris is asking me something but I can't hear him. I feel like I'm floating.
Then it hits me. I'm drugged, but I don't remember doing anything wrong. I get up and make my way towards the bathroom. Chris is trying to talk to me, and I can't hear him. The room is spinning and spinning. I turn to face Chris, and puke. Then I start waking towards him, he holds me, and I close my eyes. My hearts racing, my eyes are deceiving me. My stomach is in knots, and my ears are ringing. I don't like this feeling, it's overwhelming and strong. But it's so relaxing, in feel stress free, and lively.
Chris is holding me close in the middle of the dance floor, and it feels like where alone. I release him and head back to the VIP area. Nash is sitting there on his phone. There's a little bit of Shirley temple left. I take the drink and splash him with it. He drugged me. He steps up as the drink splashes him and gets pissed.
"What the fuck did you do that for?!"
"Fuck you!"
"What the fuck is going on?" Chris enters and asks.
"Your crazy girlfriend just fucking soaked my phone."
"This ass hole drugged me!"
"Hailey are you crazy?"
"What?"
"I doubt Nash would fucking do that!"
"Are you fucking kidding me?"
"No. Why would you do that."
I'm angry. Chris will side with Nash. I walk out of the club. I start walking home. Chris and Nash are following me.
"Don't follow me."
"Why?" Chris asks.
"I don't want to speak to you right now."
"Chris doesn't have to listen to you."
"Fuck off Nash."
"Hailey wait up." Grabs my arm and forces me to face him. "Do you want to be left alone right now? Because if you do I'll just crash with Nash."
"Yes." What am I saying?
Chris looks shocked. Then his shock turns to frustration which is never a good sign.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes." Is that the only word I can say right now?
"Ok. I'll see you later."
He starts to walk back to Nash, who smiles and puts his arm around Chris. They start walking back to the club, and I walk toward my dorm. I'm so upset, Chris chose to stick up for his friend and not me. I'm out of it right now. I can't think straight. I feel alone, and frustrated. I don't know if Chris and I will work out. I love him, but what I just did just bent our relationship.
I get back to campus, and head back to my dorm. I get to my door, and get a text from Chris. "Maybe we should give each other time right now." I feel my heart sink. Did he just say we need a break? I'm so confused. I slide down my door and put my head between my knees and start sobbing. I love him. So much so that I'm sitting outside my dorm sobbing.
"Hailey, are you ok."
I look up and Nathan is standing there. I wipe my tears, and try to gather my thoughts.
"No. Please leave me alone."
He sits down next to me.
"Just let it out, holding it in will only cause tension."
"I don't know what to do."
"Talk to me."
"Well my boyfriend's friend came to visit, and I think he drugged me. So I did something rash, and Chris took his side. Then I just got this text." I show him the text.
"I'm sorry."
"God I'm so angry. this dumb kid had to ruin everything."
"Not everything."
I look at Nathan. He looks so perfect right now. I can't control myself, this high is just killing me. I kids him, his lips taste like cherries. He lays over me and kisses me. Oh my god what am I doing!