Chapter Nine

"Hailey, wake up."
I'm woken by the sweet ring of Chris's voice. I open my eyes to see his bright green ones staring back at me. He smiles, he's still shirtless, but he's in sweat pants. He looks amazing, tasty, and fuckable.
"You have orientation in an hour." He says.
"Don't you to?" I ask.
"I'm not in the summer program."
"What? Don't you know I can get kicked out?" I'm pissed.
"You never said that."
"I didn't have to, you should have known that!"
Chris just looks at me with shock. He shakes his head and walks into the closet. When he comes back out he's wearing a pull over gray sweatshirt. He puts on his sneakers and grabs his phone from off the desk.
"I'm going for the run." He says with a blank expression.
"Chris I'm sorry." I say.
Before he replies he's out the door. I grab my towel and my shower caddy and head down to the shower. I step in and the water hits my skin, refreshing it to it's natural glory. I'm still sore from earlier, but I have to admit it, Chris is the god of sex. I've never felt that way in my life.
There's a bit of dry blood on the inside of my leg, but it comes right off in the water. I wash my hair, shave my legs and my under arms, and wash my make up off. When I'm done I exit the shower and head back to my room. Chris isn't back yet, yet again I only take twenty minute showers. I quickly dress in a nice dark blue top and some white jeans. I throw on a pair of black flats and let my hair flow naturally be kind my shoulders.
I head on down to the main hall. There has to be four hundred people here. All ready to learn. The dean of students gets up and makes a speech. Thought the speech the rich preppy students are taking notes, while the genius ones are playing with there electronics. A good chunk into the speech, a girl sits next to me.
"I hope you don't mind if I sit here?" She asks.
"No go ahead." I say.
"Thank you, I'm Paige by the way."
"Hailey."
"Where are you from?"
"California, you?"
"Vermont."
She talks on and on about her boyfriend back home, and how he was supposed to come but got rejected. She also mentions about her field of studies she's participating in. I kinda tune her out and yes her to death. After orientation, a tall boy comes and asks me for my number and I just reject him.
When I get back to my dorm, Chris still isn't back. It's been two hours now since he's left and I get really worried. I call him but he doesn't answer. I decide to go looking for him. I'm walking all around campus on a warm July night and there is no sign of him. I keep calling him but there's no answer. I just decide to go back to my dorm and read the assignment due for tomorrow.
I'm reading this boring chapter on law firm terminology. It's so boring. Halfway through the assignment the door opens to my dorm and it's Chris. I get up and run and hug him. As I'm hugging him something about him just seems out of place. He smells like something was burnt. I look up at him and his eyes are blood shot. His breath smells like pot. I step back and almost start crying.
"I'm sorry." He says.
"Chris. Are you ok?"
"I'm just really stressed."
He starts to tear up and I can't fight back my tears anymore. I run up to him and hug him. He does to hug me back.
"I fucked up again didn't I?" He says.
"No Chris, we can work through this."
"No. I fucked up. I did it again, I'm sorry Hailey."
"Chris no. You didn't. Look at me." I pull his head down so he can look at me. "It's ok, I still love you." I plant a kiss in his dry lips.
He scoops me up and Carries me over to the bed. He lays me down and lays over top of me. He's kissing me vigorously, I'm upset with him though. It's hard on me too. He doesn't want to fuck up with me, but he does. It hurts me, and it hurts to see him hurt. So if I left him, seeing him hurt will kill me. I don't know what to do.