Chapter Eleven

I hear someone talking, it's Chris. It sounds like he's on the phone, I don't open my eyes to see what he's doing. I try to stay still and listen to what he's saying.
"No you don't get it Dr. John, I seriously think I'm in love with this girl."
I can't help but smile at these words. But I try to stay calm because he may see me.
"I know. I just don't want to involve her in that."
What is he talking about?
"No, if I tell her, she may just leave me."
I wish he would just tell me what he was afraid of.
"Yesterday... I know but I was so stressed out I panicked."
He must be talking about the whole weed situation.
"Ok, thank you Dr. John."
He hangs up and I stay still trying not to draw attention to myself. I feel the bed move, and Chris laying on top of me.
"Hey. Wake up." He says
I open my eyes and look at him. He looks frustrated.
"I'm going for a run, I'll be back soon." He says
He looks so frustrated, I know he's going to try to smoke.
"Chris wait, let me go with you."
"No, I want be alone for twenty minutes."
"Chris please don't do this."
"Do what?"
"You're frustrated and stressed about something. Don't smoke, please just talk to me."
"Babe, I'm really stressed right now."
"You have every right to be. Just talk to me."
"About what?"
"Babe, if you're worried about us, please tell me what you're worried about."
He looks at me, he runs his hand through his hair, and sits down next to me on the bed.
"Every relationship I've been in, I've corrupted the girl. Made them try new things. Sex, drugs, party. You were the first girl to make me realize that I don't a girl who is as bad as me. It all made me wonder when one of my ex's died from an overdose. I love you Hailey, and I don't want to see anything happen to you."
"Why didn't you say something?"
"Because I was afraid you were going to leave me."
"I would never leave you. because I love you."
He looks at me and smiles.
"What have you done to me?"
"Nothing."
He jumps on top of me and kisses me. Thank god tomorrow's Saturday, I need some time to spend with my man. I feel that if I spend more time with him, he'll get over his fear of killing me.
I wake up the next morning and Chris is on the computer. He's watching his YouTube video he and I made yesterday. He's at the part where he start to kiss. He actually left that part in! I laugh and he turns to face me.
"Morning beautiful."
"You left that in?"
"Yeah, I want to let people know about us."
"Lol."
"Hey so my friend Nash is in town, and he wants to meet up tonight, do you want to go."
"Sure. What's the worst that can happen?"