Chapter Three

When I get home I just sprint upstairs into my room. I fall back into my bed and just laugh and smile, remembering my full minute of pure making out with Chris. Plus, he called me babe! But why did he say he didn't want to mess things up with me? It just makes me think the worst.
That's just what I do too. I just remembered I'll be leaving for Harvard in less that three weeks. It saddens me to know that I probably won't see him again because of his career. Why did he kiss me? To make me be the one who gets hurt? If he didn't want to screw things up, he shouldn't have kissed me. Does he even like me?
All this thinking makes me go a little crazy so I get changed into a long black pictured tank top,and put a pair of loose grey sweatpants. Then I go downstairs to get a bottle of water. When I return I notice my phone is ringing so I decide to answer it without checking to see who it is. My ego tells me it's Chris.
"Hello?" I answer.
"Hailey thank god you answered." A familiar voice replies, but it's not Chris.
"Jake?"
"Yeah listen, I'm at a party and I am going to need a ride home, do you think you can give me one?"
"Where's your car?"
"I left it at home because I knew I would be drinking. Can you just please please come pick me up around midnight?"
"Yeah, where am I picking you up?"
"At kimmi's house."
"Ok"
"Thank you! I knew you would help."
"No problem."
God! That was the most awkward phone call to get. Jake was my boyfriend until he cheated on me with Kimmi! Of course he's over there, not only will he get drunk, but he'll probably fuck her tonight. I don't know why I went through what I did with Jake, but all I know is I will never go through another relationship like that.
I lay on my bed and I start to read this book I'm supposed to read before my first day at the Harvard summer program. It's just a guideline to the rules and regulations of the grounds. It's a simple read and I finish it in twenty minutes. When I finish the book I get a text from Chris.
"Hey! I really want to meet up again before you leave for Harvard. Would you like to go rollerskating or something tomorrow?"
"Yes I would love to! I just wish I could see you sooner."
"Well you could come and meet me around midnight. I have something in mind we can do."
Does he want to have sex with me? I decide to tell him about Jake.
"Midnight won't work. I have to pick up a drunken friend from a party and take them home. Sorry."
"Maybe after you drop them off we can meet up."
"Maybe, I don't know yet."
"Ok well let me know, hoping to see you."
I really hope Chris is not trying to play me. I really like him and if he plays me, I don't think I'll ever trust boys again. Chris seems nice and all, but why is he afraid of fucking up. I look down at my phone and it's 11:00 p.m. So I decide to spend an hour at Kimmi's party to clear my head.
I get to the party and everyone's in sweatpants and t-shirts so I don't feel like I'm odd. I make my way to the kitchen and when I walk in this kid pukes all over the floor. I pause with a disgusted look on my face and walk out. The party seems to be a bit out if hand. Vases are smashed on the floor, picture frames are hanging off the wall, windows are shattered. I quickly come to the conclusion that this is not an environment I want to be at and try to find Jake and leave.
I'm looking everywhere for him and I can't find him. I've searched the house for at least twenty minutes and can't find him. I go to look up stairs and as I walk towards the stairs someone falls down them. I help him up and it's but Jake. He bounces right back up and starts screaming for joy.
"Hailey! I'm so happy you came!"
"Yeah I'm here. Can we go though?"
He grabs a hold of me, picks me up and tries to kiss me. I quickly slap him so he knows that I don't want to do that. He throws me down, and it smack the back of my head on a wall. I can't deal with him right now, he's too drunk. I get up and wipe the straggled tears off my face.
"Find a new ride home you fuck face."
I storm out of the party and over to my car. I get in and immediately call Chris.
"Hey beautiful!" He says as he answers and I can't help but smile.
"Hey do you want to come pick me up at my house?"
"Yeah but you never told me where you're house is."
"1427 sunset road."
"Ok I'll be there in a bit."
I drive home, pissed that Jake would do that to me. But even more upset that I would put myself in that situation. I know how he gets when hes drunk, why would this time be any different. Why am I stressing about it, in an hour I'll be on a date with Chris and he'll make me feel so much better.