Chapter 7

Riley's POV
I drove home and went right up to my room. I fell on my bed and faced the ceiling, just thinking about today. It was perfect. Colten asked me out, we went to the mall, we went for a walk. It was just AMAZING! All of a sudden my thoughts were ruined by a knock on my door.

"Come in" I said Lou enough for whoever it was to hear. In walked my mom.

"Hey baby" my mom said. "Hia mom" I said and smiled. My mom was like my best friend since I didn't have a sister. But I do have real friends. Don't worry. "How was today?" She asked me. In my mind I was debating on if I should tell her or not. But telling her won.

"So today was a big day," I started off. "For starters, Colten asked me out. We went to the mall today and hung out. But at the mall his friend called me ugly blah blah blah and we went on a walk" I said purposely leaving out the part where we kissed. "REALLY?" My mom asked excitedly.

"Yeah. It was great" I said and smiled. "And tomorrow we are going to hang out again" I said quietly. My mom smiled and said "that's great. I'm going to bed. I'm tired. See you in the morning!" She said and kissed my forehead. She walked into her room and I got in my bed. I turned off the lights and dozed off.

*MORNING*

I woke up with no alarm. I texted Colten right away.

R: Heyyy
C: Hey cutie.
R: wanna hang today?
C: sure. My place?
R: yeah. See you then😘
C: bye😘

He texted then I turned my phone off. I got out of bed and went to my closet. I grabbed my black crop top and white high waisted shorts. I quickly fixed my bed hair and went downstairs.

"How are you feeling?" I asked my mom. She was in the kitchen eating and my dad was in the living room. "Fine. Why are you all dressed up?" My mom asked and smiled.

"Just cuz" I said and winked at her. I didn't want my dad knowing about Colten just yet. "Oh. K. Have fun" she said and winked back. "I love you guys!" I said and blew them kisses. I walked out to my car and got in.

When I got to Studs house I went right in. "Heyyyy" I said as I walked in. Their mom was sitting on the couch with Colten and Kaelee. Their mom was a great mom and loved me as if I was her own.

"Hey sweetie" their mom, Carol, said. "Hey Mrs. Stud. How are you?" I asked her. "Im good. How about you?" She asked me. "I'm just swell" I said and smiled. I knew that Colten told his mom because he tells her everything.

I walked over to the couch by Colten. I sat down and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. He kissed my forehead and he smiled.

"Hey cute stuff" he said and I giggled a little. "Hey Studdy bear" I said and he laughed at made a weird face at me.

"New nickname?" He asked me and laughed. "May I say I'm pretty creative" I said with my bragging rights. "You are" he said and I blushed.

"So what are you two doing today?" His mom asked us while smiling.

"We were planning on going to the park" Colten said and smiled. "Okayyyy" his mom said and stood up. "I'm going up to my room" she said and left.

"Hey Colten, can we go to a movie?" I asked him. "Sure. What movie?" He asked me.

"How about Sponge Out of Water?" I asked him and laughed. "Sure" he said and laughed.

"I know there is a showing at 11:00 that we can go to" I said to him. "Okay. For now we can just stay here" Colten said and we sat there.

We watched TV for a while. I couldn't wait until eleven but it was only 9:45.

"I'm booooredddd" Colten moaned. "Sameeeee" I moaned back. "Wanna go to my room?" He asked me. "Sure" I said and we stood up. We walked up to his room and laid in his bed. I put my head on his chest and he played with my long blonde hair. I love it when he did that to my hair.