Chapter 31: "They Bruise..." [Grand Finale]

Start from the beginning

Finally, as all good things tend to do, the embrace came to a closure. There were matters to tend too. Grimm to be slain, White Fang to resist, and a city to save. With the group collectively breaking the embrace, Ozpin spoke up. He knew what needed to be done.

With the targeting systems rewritten thanks to Y/N's intel, the tides were becoming just a bit more even. With Cinder's help, the tables would become just a tad more fair. Calling out to the four under his command, the group sped towards the Beacon Courtyard.

Unsurprisingly, the Bullheads were broken and immobile. Simply put, they had no way of making haste to Vale in a timely manner. Or did they?

From the top of Beacons comment tower, a airship maneuvered it's way gracefully to the group. Moving with purpose, a familiar silhouette was seen in the cockpit.

To the surprise of the five, the Bullhead sped towards them. With the exception of Ozpin, the group looked on in confusion and relief. With the ship touching down, four famillar figures stepped out of the aircraft, restoring the hope of some, and adding to the confusion of others.

General James Ironwood, Specialist Winter Schnee, and Neo Politan rushed to greet the five. What turned many heads However...was the crime Lord of Vale himself...Roman Torchwick.owering her stance, Ruby prepared to engage combat with the infamous man.

However, she was quickly halted by Iromwood and Ozpin both. In confusion, she cried out her plea to put the man to justice. He was a criminal. The criminal she had stopped long ago at that.

Ruby: "Roman?! What are you doing here?!"

Takin a puff of his cigar, Roman shrugged nonchalantly. In fact, he didn't know why he was here. He had wanted to escape this mess and live comfortably while Vale fell. Unfortunately for hin however, Y/N's seemingly dying words forced his hand to rush here to help. Admittedly however...Neo kinda forced her boss to make do on Y/N's direct order.

Roman: "As much as I'd like to go somewhere safe...I guess you could say, I'm being forced to play nice for today. By the way, you're welcome for saving you... Iron-rod." He said with a amused chuckle.

Attempting to take a step foward, Ruby was halted by Ozpin stiff arming her. Y/N's beetle, that rested on his shoulder currently, had informed him of what transpired. Apparently, Roman and Neo escaped the mountain to Vale. Along their way, they pieced together they should head to Beacon to overwrite Watt's AI Targetting Malware. Fortunately however, Winter and James had already solved that problem.

After a brief confrontation, The four agreed to help "save da dayu"...although it was clearly reluctantly. Silver lining? They had no choice but to trust each other. And ta da, wouldn't ya know it, Ozpin's group just so happened to finish their Naruto: Talk No Jutsu battle. So obviously, they went to scoop up some more canon fodder.

Ozpin: "Not today Ruby, and not now either. Roman, Ironwood...I trust you two can put your differences aside for the safety of Vale, for just one day?"

Roman: "Tch. Fine by me. There wont be anything to rob if Mommy Salami trashes everything anyways."

Ironwood: "While I would prefer not work with criminal scum...I'm not one to turn down the extra help...especially when I have no choice."

Ozpin: "Very well. In that case, just as Y/N L/N would say at a time like this...."

All: "LET'S GO GET THIS BREAD BOIS!!!!!"