Chapter 31: "They Bruise..." [Grand Finale]

Começar do início

Throughout her entire life, she had always ended up being alone. Her family was never the kindest. Her mentor only took her in as a sign of pity. Even Salem, only kept her due to Cinder being "useful". No one had truly accepted Cinder Fall. However...the foolish children in Beacon Academy did accept her. They were there for her, and reluctantly, so was she.

Did she really have the strength to reject all of it? Could she bring herself to shove away this gift for falsified power and importance?

Ruby: "You don't have to do this any more Cinder. We're all here for you. We all make bad choices but we're still your friends, no matter what you do, we're still gonna be waiting for you to come around."

Looking up, She saw the students stances soften slightly. The headmaster however, was fully relaxed and without effort in his recovery. He sympathetically nodded at the girl, not in judgment. Ozpin, the direct opposition to Salem, did not stare at Cinder with pity, offense, or even disappointment. No, Ozpin merely gave her a look of understanding.

Cinder: "I've brought...Vale and Beacon both...to their knees...I-I...Did all of this...what makes you think...You could forgive this? I'm a bad person, Ruby...Jaune...Pyrrha..."

Clearing his throat, Ozpin offered his own words of comfort. Taking Y/N's prior advice from long ago, he had invested points into his charisma stat. And he would be damned if he passed the opportunity to not flex them.

Ozpin: "I do not believe in "bad people" Ms.Fall. I believe in good people with bad choices. I have done more, for much less. Ms.Fall, it's never to late. It is just as Ms.Rose said..."

Taking a step towards the girl, Ozpin extended a hand. He was wide open for a attack from Cinder, yet he showed no signs of refusal or malicious intent. Cinder, briefly thought about taking her chances. Yet, she hesitated once her eyes laid on his hand, reaching to pull her to her feet.

Ozpin: "We're all here, waiting for you."

For a moment, nothing happened. Ozpin locked eyes with Cinder. Although she hesitated, she knew Ozpin was wide open. With just one swift motion, Cinder could cut him down. Braving herself, she made her decision. She knew she would regret throwing this away, but alas, she had already expected to make the decision.

With one swift motion, Cinder Fall, The false maiden, The secondary mastermind of the assault on beacon, made one final hand motion. This action, would sever her ties permanently. Ultimately...It would seal her fate as a force to be halted with all effort.

Taken by surprise, Ozpin lost his gentle manner for just a moment. Cinder Fall, had returned his offer for help by....accepting it.

Pulling herself to he feet with assistance from the former Wizard, Cinder closed her eyes. She had made her choice and knew if was foolish. She would be hunted to the ends of Remnant and yet, she did not mind one bit. It may not have been the wisest choice...but it certainly was the correct one.

Looking to the other's, Cinder was nearly taken by surprise when feeling a overwhelming warmth surround herself. Ruby, Jaune, Pyrrha, and even headmaster Ozpin...had embraced her into a group hug. Cinder Fall had no words. Obviously, even she was scared of what may occur in the future with abandoning Salem. But for now, she merely melted in the shared comfort.

Ruby: *muffled* "Welcome back, Cindy!"

Jaune: "You're not alone, you've got all of us!"

Pyrrha: "I look foward to making more memories."

Cinder, touched further...began to...cry. For several minutes, her weeping was heard by the four former opponents. Not much was said, because nothing was needed to be said. While she went on, getting her sorrow out of her system, the four merely were there for her.