The Road to Los Angeles

Unknown Location - 12:08 pm

Josh's P.O.V

Sun, wind, speed and music. That was all I could see, hear or feel throughout the trip. The same thing was repeated, as if all that was an infinite loop.

And there I was, sitting in the back seat of that red truck watching the light pass between the leaves of the trees that appeared in the way of that deserted road. Boredom overwhelmed me.

Tired of the view, I chose to try to take a nap. However, during the whole trip, I was prevented from doing so due to an irritating musical symphony of female vocal cords that came directly from the front passenger seat.

But what was that? What was that sound that prevented me from enjoying a long and well-deserved sleep in the cozy seat of that truck?

Rachel Amber!

Rachel was singing like crazy in the front seat, even louder than the music artist himself. No one was able to sleep, even if they forced it.

I had a great desire to go there and strangle that blonde in front of everyone, but I couldn't because her voice fit perfectly into the music.

In one hand, the person is beautiful and perfect. In the other hand the person is beautiful, perfect and has a voice even more perfect! Damn, Rachel.

But perhaps that wouldn't be a nuisance, but music to our ears. It all depends on the point of view.

>> A few seconds later >>

???: - Josh?

After a while, someone caught my eye, but I didn't notice.

???: - Josh??

I was so sleepy that I ended up not listening again.

???: - JOSH, WAKE UP! - The person shouted as she poked me constantly.

With a jump, I woke up scared on the beige leather seat of that truck.

Josh: - Ahh! I'm awake!

As I looked to the side, I could see Max with her hands on me.

Max: - My God, Josh! How can you sleep so well with all this noise?! I'm so jealous of you!

Then I ran my hand over my own face and straightened up on the seat.

Josh: - No, I couldn't sleep... Not yet. - I said while looking at Rachel. - There is a certain person here who is not letting me do this.

After that, Chloe, sitting in the driver's seat, looked back and smiled.

Chloe: - First time, huh? You get used to it.

Max: - Just now, I woke up about three times and it was all because of Rachel! What's wrong with you, girl?

Rachel: - Hey, don't blame me! You're the ones who are boring! - She said while dancing super agitated. - I'm just enjoying the trip that life gave me! You should do that too!

Max: - No, thanks. I think I prefer to sleep.

Rachel: - Oh, I'm sorry! - The blonde said while increasing the sound.

After seeing that the noise wouldn't end anytime soon, I changed my position and crossed my arms.

Josh: - Well... I gave up trying. Maybe a song won't do so bad now.

Rachel: - Finally someone who understands me! - She said pointing to me. - Say a song, Josh!

Josh: - Uh... Put that one from-

Rachel: - You don't have to say anything else! I know exactly the song you're thinking about!

Excited, Rachel took her left hand to the radio and changed songs until she found the one she was looking for. As soon as she found it, she removed her finger from the button and started shaking on that seat.

Rachel: - Perfect!

Josh: - Wonderful. Now nobody will be able to sleep.

Rachel: - What did you say? - She said as she turned up the volume even more. - I can't hear you!

Max: - Damn, Rachel! Turn that down!

Chloe: - Come on, Super-Max! Shake that skeleton! You can't just sleep the whole trip! Move!

Rachel: - LET'S DANCE, GUYS!!! MOVE!!!

Rachel started dancing wildly on top of that seat and Chloe did the same by shaking her head as if she were at one of those crowded rock shows.

In an attempt to get into the vibe, I started to shake my head slowly while trying to keep up with those two girls in the front seat. Max didn't dance because she was still a little sleepy, but then she couldn't resist the sound of that badass music.

Of course, Max wasn't as agitated as we are, but she still managed to keep up with us.

Soon, we were all rocking in that red truck as we passed a long, deserted, sunny road.