CHAPTER 15

Darshan

She strolled past me, and switched on the lights, then I realised that I was just assuming things like, her coming close, lips colliding, instead her hair brushed against my face in reality.

But it was not too phenomenal, as hair seemed soft more than freshly plucked cotton balls.

She took a sip of water from a glass beside her.

We both again drifted into sleep.

***

After two days

Prisha

Our mom and dad arrived at our house, of course for fixing date of our marriage, as we had already done our engagement by ourselves and our parents were laughing at this act.

Of course they praised his choice, me too!
It was actually elegant not too big, not too small, just perfect.

So we all were set to go for shopping today, for clothes, jewellery, footwears, gifts and whatever extra was needed. I do not remember much of them.

After reaching at his designer's boutique, darshan and papa insisted me too choose wedding attire for me. But, I declined that offer pretty easily, saying that, "I would love to wear choice of dad, if he can do that for his daughter -in- law .

After this emotional punch, he agreed on my term. I was more than happy about that. Darshan repeated same line as me, and he himself did not chose his attires, instead my mom and dad decided design, fabric, colour and other customisation.

I was laughing my ass out inwardly, when mom was trying long necklaces or whatever they called it, on him to wear during marriage, and during trial he was wearing shirt. (Imagine wearing long gold beaded necklace double and triple layered).

When it was out control, I trudged myself towards washroom, after making sure I was alone in whole bathroom, I laughed like maniac.

After his shopping from top to bottom, we asked them to come with women's jewellery. Thank god! I was wearing floor length skirt with a crop top that barely showed my stomach, as I had tucked it in.

I tried all those jewelleries, approved from darshan's dad. One thing I noticed was that, his choice is marvellous for everything. My favourite segment in anklet, I tried so many of them. Dad brought four anklets, I guess analysing my obsession for that.

We went back to our house at 11:56 pm after eating dinner outside. Our parents decided to live in my flat and asked to us, "if we can adjust in his one". As he has too many shoes surrounding him.

Our marriage was supposed to be close one. We had booked a porsche hotel for all the arrangements and ceremonies, only close acquaintances was supposed to be invited. Some of the relatives after knowing this from another person, acted all angry threw thousand kind of tantrums like all is show off, reality can be seen now.

We had already thought to throw separate party for them. So all planning was like before no alteration in it.

In one of the rituals, we dressed up yellow, surrounding decorations was coloured in yellow, blue and white with green twigs, leaves beautifully weaved in each other, using bamboo leaves and sticks like some sort of bouquet.

I was told to get ready perfectly as there will be photoshoot. I had seen the lehenga as a fabric, today I am going to see it as my dress, wow! It was ochre yellow and gold brocade in colour.