"She's with my sisters. They offered to take care of her since I was taking care of you." Karim explained.

"You let your precious angel go to take care of me?" Zaira grinned.

"I didn't let her go. They offered to help." Karim defended.

Zaira chuckled at his poor way of covering up the truth.

"What happened with Jafar?" Zaira asked after a while.

"I got him. I told you I would. And I'll make him pay dearly. And that fucker Hamid too. He'll regret touching you the first time and I'll remove his nails for touching you the second time." Karim literally growled.

The thought made him furious. He felt like killing them both that instant. But he was patient. A quick death was too simple for people like them who didn't care about anyone but themselves.

Zaira looked away.

"The first time?" She muttered.
"You were there?"

Karim nodded.
"We had sent in a camera."

"So you saw him...touch me..." Zaira said lowly.

"I'll make him regret everything, I swear on everything." Karim promised.

Zaira couldn't look at him. She felt dirty. This wasn't her first rodeo but this time Karim had seen it and it made her heart hurt. She felt worthless.

The tears flowed freely.

Karim could tell she was crying from the way she was shaking slightly.
He didn't know what to do. What to say to make her feel better. He didn't know how she felt. So he didn't know how to comfort her. He felt dumb.

"I'll leave you alone if..."
People who cried wanted to be alone right?

"No. Please don't go. Hold me."

Karim nodded and took hold of her hand tightly.

"Hold me, Karim. Hold me tightly and don't let me go." She said in between tears.

Karim wished he could do more than hold her. He wished he could make her pain go away. But he couldn't. All he could do was hold her.

He walked to the other side of the bed and climbed to her side. He pulled her closer into his chest as he hugged her so tightly that it made her body ache a little. But she liked it. The pain was good. The pain was always good for her.

Karim brushed through her hair and placed her head close to his heart and just like his Aunt Bella had said to him when he felt the world collapsing around him, he rubbed her back assuredly with his free hand and spoke the same words to her.

"Let it go."

And she did. She let all the tears go as she cried into his chest.

Karim didn't need to say anything. All she needed was for him to be there and that's what he'd do. Be there for her.

~

Zaira was still holding unto Karim tightly like the fate of the world depended on it.

"You think you can let me go for a second so I can call the doctor to check on you. To see if everything's okay?" Karim whispered to her.

She rose her head a little.

"Will you hold me again after they check me?" She mumbled.

"If you want." Karim chuckled.

"Then okay." She let go of him and Karim kissed her forehead causing her to grin.

"I can never get used to this." She commented.