[1] Bough Keeper

{DISCLAIMER} This story will contain slight mature content murder/some abuse and will be putting trigger warnings before any chapter to let you know. None of the topics here mentioned are something I don't agree with.

Before you proceed, some topics that will get brought up throughout the story will be slightly mentioned. AND THIS IS MY FIRST GENSHIN STORY.. but thank you for giving this story a read! (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)

..

After receiving a huge quest by Katheryne, you went down to Dawn Winery to have a drink and catch up with Diluc. It was the first big quest you and Paimon have gotten ever since the attack back at Liyue.

"Rough day?" A voice came from over the counter. You look up to see Diluc wiping off the water from a wine glass, seeing him made you feel flushed. You've always had a thing for Diluc, ever since you arrived to Mondstat but, it wasn't as strong as when you had feelings for another. The tall red haired man was the first whose made you feel very welcomed and comfortable.

"Not at all, I finally received a huge quest today from Katheryne but..", you paused for a moment. After hearing that you'll be going to accompany someone during the journey, it honestly left you paranoid and curious. "She also told me I have to go with someone." It was the first time you had to team up with someone on a quest, hopefully it wasn't going too weird.

"Oh? Do you know who is going with you?" You raised your right brow, looking right at Diluc. Was he interested in who you you were going with or.. was he just asking? Either way, you doubted he would be interested in who you were going with.

"No but she did mention that he was going to be here. Even mentioned that he was tall with blonde hair and wearing strange clothes.." He let out a deep noticeable low hum from him. Diluc suddenly looked up but looked at the person behind you. Slowly, you turned around to see what he  was looking at with such.. intensity, only to realize it was exactly the same man you were just talking about.

Your jaw drop from just from taking one glance. Wearing a black and blue tight outfit with blonde messy hair, an eyepatch covering his left eye while wearing a cape. This man was no ordinary man, there was a strong vibe coming from him. His  mysterious presence was intense, though it was interesting. After some moments, Diluc had taken notice on you. His whole demeanor changed and you felt it.

Once you turned around shrugging him off, Diluc gritted his teeth while looking at the man who just walked in.

Turning to face Diluc, he had a dark expression on his face, it scared you a bit.. but you smiled at him and placed your hand on top of his. "Why do you keep looking at him? Do you know him?", he shook his head, rubbing his thumb over your hand.

"But I think he's the one you're looking for. Your description seems to fit him." Diluc blatanly mentioned, obviously sounding a bit jealous to your surprise.

Before you were about to reply, he turned around and went towards the sink, washing the rest of the wine glasses.

Confused as to why he was almost giving you short uninterested responses, you brushed it off. Seeing the tall man you saw a few minutes ago sitting down at a table, you hesitated to walk towards him.. feeling a burning gaze from behind. It sent shivers down your spine but quickly shook your head.

Maybe I should talk to him another time... but before you were going to turn around, a sudden warmth wrapped around your wrist and pulled you.

You found yourself on the mans lap with blonde hair. Feeling heat rise on your face, you jumped up from their lap and ran up to the second floor.

The embarrassment that just happened kept replaying in your head multiple times. Hearing footsteps coming from the stairs, you hovered over the railing to see who it was and to your surprise, it was the blonde tall man. Did he follow you?..

You bolted towards the bathroom then hearing a small laugh come from behind. The door didn't close as it was being held opened by him.

"I didn't think it was going to be you," the man spoke. His voice was deep, yet intimidating with barely any feel of emotions from his words. He walked towards you, leaning against the wall with one hand, towering over you. "Honorary knight of favonius.." lifting your chin up, he gazed down scanning your body, leaving you very flustered. You pushed him away to run, only to bump into Diluc. He managed to catch you and looked up, catching a small glimpse of the other man that was in the bathroom with you.

"Did he hurt you?" Diluc left a hint of worry in his voice, you shake your head and turned your head to the side.

Hearing the door creak open the other man spoke. "Relax... I wasn't going to hurt them. I only followed to check on them since they did leave in such a hurry." He was now standing outside the bathroom, glancing at Diluc. He got in front of you to stay in between you and the other man. It was rather uncomfortable being around the two men, the atmosphere felt heavy..

"My name is Dainsleif. I will be accompanying you on the new quest."

..