⭐Taylor's Beginning⭐

Start from the beginning

This was the house in Pasadena, California. Four bedroom, three bathrooms. And they bought me a dog.

That little beauty in the corner, is my baby

That little beauty in the corner, is my baby. I was still crying because it was only in my preteen years that it wasn't good. But years later and I am 25 now, I see life better. Or so I thought..

Present Day..

I was drastically running up the steep stairs, towards the door, to head to my third interview. It was already hot in this attaire because the sun was out. My bestie Carla, told me that there was another job opening in Los Angeles but she thought that I wouldn't be able to handle it, so I took this one. When I got to the elevator, I was taking deep breaths as I pushed the 8 button, to the floor that I needed. Leaning against the wall, my social media and Carla's messages were causing my pocket to have it's own orgasm.

Once I reached the floor, there were people everywhere and some on the computers. I walked to the receptionist and she was an older lady.

"Hello, my name is," she interrupted me. "Taylor Owens. Yes, Mr. Johnson is waiting for your arrival. Let me page him to let him know that you are here." She said.

I went and sat down in the nearby corner and then she came around the desk. "Mr. Johnson will be right with you, okay?" She said. "Okay thank you!" I said as I waited. She smiled and walked away. Call me crazy but by the time she bucked that corner, Mr. Johnson was already coming down the hall. "Miss Owens?" He said. "Yes that's me." I said. He looked at me and then turned to walk away. I followed him and the walk was pretty quick. Maybe it's a busy day and he was desperate.

We walked into the small office and he pointed to where I could sit down.

"Okay, Miss Owens, this an office assistant position and we run until six. May I see your resume?" He asked. "Yes sir." I grabbed my bag and pulled out my folder. I handed him my resume and he looked over it. "So, two bachelor degrees, huh?" He said. "Yes sir top of my class." I said. After a few more looks at my resume he looked at me and cleared his throat. "Okay on your application, you requested ll to 12 dollars an hour?" He said, "We start off at 9 dollars an hour and then after two years, your pay raise goes up every 15 cents a year." He said. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"We are a small company, in this big building so, its costing more putting in than it is out. And to be honest with you, you are too qualified for this position." He said as he handed me back my resume.

"Listen, I will call you but I do have other applicants to look at. So, you may leave." He said standing up. "Overly qualified huh?" I asked. "Just as I said, 11-12 dollars an hour is too much. And for the record Miss Owens, never over bid your qualifications." He said rudely.

"Mr. Johnson, to be frank with you. It's really unprofessional to come across me like that. And having a bitter attitude in an interview, you must haven't had your fucking coffee." I said. "Miss Owen's please leave my office!" He said. "Gladly." I said walking out. I marched down the hallway and looked around. I shook my head because these people actually work like they are slaves in the making.

A 15 cent raise a year, sounds so weird to me. Maybe I was tripping but this guy was definitely rude and it didn't intimidate me. This was my third interview this week and I got shut down because of my qualifications.

I walked out of that office so fast and I took the stairs down. I was a little frustrated because I needed a good job just to keep me going. I needed to be more independent and on my feet. Living the luxury life has its benefits but it's a cost too. I wasn't living on food stamps like I was when I was growing up but the bills had to get paid. I got inside my car and sat for a moment to catch my breath.

I called my mother, not my real mother but my adopted mother.

"Hey mom." I said. "Hey baby, how did the interview go?" She asked. "Well this was the third one mom. I need a small break to start over, every one of them is claiming that I am overly qualified and this guy awhile ago was rude." I said. "Well there is more opportunities out there baby, just breathe and something is going to come through." She said.

"Yeah. Your right! How's Jamaica?" I asked. "Honey, it's so beautiful tonight!" She said. "Wow. Well I'm about to drive home mom.. I love you and pops..!!" I said. "We love you more!!" She said.

I drove home in silence..

***TO BE CONTINUED ***
END OF CHAPTER ONE