Nosy Roomates (Chapter 14)

"Like what?" he questioned dumbfounded. "Someone kissing someone." I replied but regretted it the second the words slipped out of my mouth...

"What...?" Killua faltered.

"When I w-wanted to leave the p-party Kurapika said he w-would walk me home. When we walked t-through the living room I s-saw Emily on top of y-you on the couch as you k-kissed." I stammered as I blinked back the tears that treatened to fall.

"None of that makes since..." Killua mumbled as he put his hand to his chin and looked to the floor. Killua claiming that this confused him made my blood boil.

I stood up from his bed and looking down at him. "What do you mean that doesn't make sense?! Kurapika and I saw it!" I claimed, raising my voice.

"Oh my god! Kurapika, Kurapika, Kurapika. Why do you keep mentioning him! What does he have to do with anything! Why are you always with him?! What makes him so much better than me?!" he yelled as he stood up from the bed leaving a foot of space between us.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" I exclaimed furrowing my brows together in confusion.

"You've known me for almost your entire life! So why...why him?" he hesitated and quieted down the the end to the point where his words were barely audible.

"He's my friend! He's nice and he's there for me when I need him! He's like an older brother to me!" I answered loudly.

Killua didn't answer after that so I decided to speak again. "Why'd you kiss her?"

"That's the thing. I didn't. After Emily dragged me off I only stayed around her for an hour or two. Whatever you saw, wasn't me." he reasoned.

"And how do I know that your not lying." I questioned stubornly. "Why do you care you I kiss?" he retorted which quickly shut me up.

After a few minutes in silence I answered, "Like I said before, I don't even understand it. There's no way I can explain it to another person. And for the love of god put a shirt on."

"Nope." he said bluntly. "Also you can try to explain it." he concinced. "Not a chance" I responded.

"Ow, stop shoving!" I faintly heard come from the other side of the door. I walked over to it and swung the door open. Gon and Leorio stumbled since they had previously been supporting themselves on the door.

Kurapika looked like he wasn't trying to listen in on us, most likely scolding Gon and Leorio for it. "H-hey guys" Leorio gulped as cold sweat ran down his old man forehead. "I'm so sorry, I tried to stop them." Kurapika said with an apoligetic look written across his face.

"Do you really think of me as a brother?" Kurapika then asked. My cheeks flushed red in embaressment. "Y-you heard t-that?" I stuttered. Kurapike nodded and nervously rubbed the nape of his neck.

I sheepishly nodded at his question. "Well why don't we all go downstairs and play a game or something?!" Gon suggested ignoring the awkward situation.

We all agreed and walked downstairs.
----
We were all getting the stuff we needed for a movie like blankets and food. I was walking into the kitchen to make some popcorn with Gon trailing behind me.

Killua was walking in the opposite direction from me carrying a few blankets. Sudden'y Gon aggressively pushed me foreward causing me to fall. Instead of me hitting the hard floor like I expected, I landed on something soft.

At the same time my lips had collided with soft warm ones. My eyes opened wide in surprise and realization. Killua was under me and I was kissing him!

As soon as I realized what was happening I tried to get up but Killua arms snaked around my waist and prevented me from doing so. "Get a room!" Leorio sassed. Killua and I seperated and I got off of him succesfully this time.

I offered my hand to help him up which he accepted and stood up. The blankets that he had previously been carrying were on the ground so I picked them up and handed them to Killua.

Killua walked into the living room with them as I walked into the kitchen with Gon. "Why would you do that?!" I whispered yelled as I put popcorn the the microwave.

"Leorio told me too!" he responded with a smile. "And you listened?!" I exclaimed and Gon just nodded.

"Besides, it's not like either of you were planning on making the first move." Gon sang. 'What. The. Hell. Gon isn't the innocent little bean I always thought he was...' I thought in utter shock and confusion.

796 words