Getting used to it

It's my second day working for Tom and frankly, it has gone amazingly so far. I struggle to get up like always and do everything I need to before I make my way out the door, leaving the love doves behind. I always walk and take in everything that surrounds me, it's a simple pleasure to notice the scenery. I pop into the cafe that Tom and I went into once, whilst walking around. I grab two teas for taking away and carry on my walk to work. The beginning of the day seems to be going rather smoothly until I am stopped by Nellie, asking why I am bringing two teas into the building.

"It's for me and Tom, I thought I would do something nice," I say trying to get past. I hear her say something under her breath and gently scoff as she lets me through. I think she said 'goodie two shoes'. Who does she think she is? And, more to the point, why does she hate me so much?

I knock on Tom's door and hear him call me in. As I enter, I see he is in a meeting, but his eyes still light up as I enter.

"So sorry to interrupt, I bought you something," I say as I make my way over to his desk. My outfit did work; the other men in the meeting can't keep their eyes off me! Tom seems a bit off at this, but I don't care. I walk up to him and place down his tea and, whilst he thanks me, his hands brush against mine, making us both go slightly red in front of everyone.

"Thank you, Hannah," He says looking at my eyes, his blush spreading. I nod and as I leave I send him a smile and make my way down to my desk. Today is Tom's interview and he has it in a few hours. 

 Alexis, Michael and I hang out whilst doing our work and the hours fly past. The interview is now starting. I am quietly nervous for Tom and just hope that it goes well.

The Interviewer and Tom talk about his upcoming series and other things that have happened, I'm not going to lie, he looks amazing on TV. I imagine the makeup people probably spent ages making him look this good. It pays off. All of a sudden something catches my eye as the interviewer says.

"So, Tom, you have been spotted with the same girl twice now.  Care to tell the audience about her?" Tom stutters and is hesitant, I am suddenly worrying; how do they know? The interviewer then pulls up some pictures of Tom and me when we were in the park a while ago. My heart sinks. Now everyone knows that we are close, this is the last thing I want.

"Ah...Well, she is the intern that works for me. She is very nice and we were just hanging out," Tom says. I let out a sigh of relief but also feel sad. Does he not see me as more? Am I really just the intern? My thoughts are interrupted by Alexis tapping me and pointing to the screen.

"Anything else about her? What is she like? I'm sure everyone wants to know about this mystery girl" The interviewer says giving Tom a nudge.

"Well, she is absolutely stunning and probably has the biggest fascination with nature and the outdoors I think I have ever seen. Hannah also has the warmest personality and the kindest heart," Tom says with stuttering at all. 

Now, this is what I want to hear. I can't stop myself smiling and Alexis notices. Everyone in the room has turned to look at me, faces shocked. They are probably thinking 'Her? why her? Why is she there with him? How does he know so much about her?' As I imagine their shock, I can't help but laugh. 

"She sounds very nice," The interviewer says looking smug.

"You were also seen with this other girl, tell us about her," He pulls up a picture of Tom and this blonde girl holding hands from not to long ago. My heart stops. I thought he liked me, I actually started to think he was different, now all I want are answers. 

"oh um... she is someone I met and got close with, that's all," Tom says looking very anxious, he knows that I'm watching. I can't watch the TV now and I am looking at my shoe. Suddenly the spot on my shoe is highly interesting. Alexis knows exactly what I am thinking and decides to take me out of the room to talk.