4 - Vice President

before we get started-
ty for over 100 reads- like hello??? that's a pretty good accomplishment for me!
again tytyyyyy

also i might not update as often, i haven't been finding the inspiration for this :(

•••••••••••••••••

"Niki! We need to have a talk." Tubbo jumped at the sound of Quackity's voice. What is he even doing here? Niki sighed and whispered to Tubbo on her communicator,

Go to the back, there's a back door there you can use.

He nodded and went to find the door, not wanting to get involved with Niki and Quackity's conversation. Who knows what might happen.

"Niki Nihachu!"

"Give me a moment!" Niki retorted to the Vice President, not wanting to deal with him after Schlatt. She noticed Tubbo was already gone, so she went and appeared at the fromt counter.

"What do you want?" She glared at Quackity. He shot his hands up, not wanting to cause trouble here. But of course, Niki clearly doesn't trust him.

Quackity tried his best to refrain from flinching, but overall failed. He knew even a woman could be this scary to him, especially when they're mistreated.

"Look, can we just talk?"

••••••••••••••••••

Tubbo watched the two from afar, he knew that he shouldn't be spying on them, but he couldn't help but be curious about what they'd talk about. He wouldn't be surprised if Niki brought up his dad, Schlatt hasn't been making the best choices as the president if he had to be honest. He came closer to the back door to listen to them.

"-an arrogant ram! I don't understand why you even struck a deal with him," Niki raised her voice and glared at Quackity. She was tired of playing nice after being stripped of everything. L'manberg was renamed to Manberg, Tommy and Wilbur were exiled, and Fundy burned her flag down for Schlatt. It was a horrible time for her, with barely anyone to turn to. Now here was the Vice President asking for her opinion on Schlatt, after she made it very clear that she did NOT like Schlatt as president.

Tubbo sighed quietly, he felt guilty about his dad's actions as the new president of Manberg. He feels like he should go confront him about it, but who knows what he'll say or do? He's been drinking a lot, so confronting him isn't a good thing right now. 

"Just get out, please. Before any of this gets even worse," Niki tried asking nicely, but you could hear the bitterness in her voice.

"Niki-" Quackity tried approaching her, but ended up with a fist to the stomach. Quackity's body fell and disappeared in a puff of smoke, with a death message popping up in chat.

Quackity was slain by Nihachu

Niki's eyes widened as she stood there in shock, he was only on one heart? That wasn't good, Tubbo knew that he would've definitely had seen that.

"NIHACHU!"

Speak of the devil, his dad was already here. Should he interfere? Stall some time for Niki to get away? He wasn't sure, but he was sure that he couldn't make that choice quick enough. Schlatt was already yelling at the front counter of the bakery. 

"Get your ass out here before I make you!" Tubbo flinched at his father's voice. It was much different from when it was just the two of them living together. When had he become this aggressive? When did he start drinking?

When did his dad become a complete stranger to him?

Tubbo snapped out of his thoughts when he noticed Niki was running away from the bakery, while Schlatt and Quackity ran after her. He discreetly followed the three, not wanting to interfere yet. They ran for a few minutes until Niki was cornered at Manifold's balcony. 

"Y'know what? Fine, if you're not going to cooperate with us, you can just stay here!"

What does he mean-

Iron bars surrounded Niki and Tubbo widened his eyes. He has a pickaxe in his inventory, but it was risky to get her out right now with Quackity and Schlatt. 

Nevermind, they just up and left without guarding her.

He quietly went into the house and found the balcony where Niki was imprisoned.

"Tubbo? What are you.."

The iron bars were broken and then jumped down the balcony quickly, getting to a safer and more hidden place to talk. Niki sighed and gave Tubbo a warm smile.

"I guess I owe you two favors," Tubbo seemed a bit confused until Niki spoke up again, "For giving me the coordinates to Tommy and Wilbur, and for breaking me out from that imprisonment."

"Y-Yeah, that's no problem," Tubbo looked down at the ground for a moment, "I don't really support or like the things my dad is doing," He quickly brought out the communicator and sent Niki the coordinates before he forgot. Niki put a hand on his shoulder to reassure him.

"It's alright, it's not your fault."

Tubbo knew he had to do something about Schlatt.

But would he bring himself to rebel against his only family?

                                                                                  ••••••••••••••••••

Word Count: 829