11 - Foxes

Sorry for lack of updates! i just haven't had the motivation to write :P

yeah my motivation/inspiration disappeared into thin air halfway through this chapter aaaa

••••••••••••••••••

It was a long day. The festival had went downhill, with Fundy and Niki's exile being ordered by Schlatt. But Fundy knew he would have to reveal his plans sooner or later. He also knew that Tubbo wasn't a bad person, like Schlatt was. Both him and Quackity were just forced under Schlatt's rule.

Ever since Schlatt ordered Tommy and Wilbur's exile, the fox had been spying and eavesdropping on the president and vice-president, and tipping notes to Pogtopia once in a while. He nearly got caught writing in his diary one time, though luckily there was an ender chest nearby.

Fundy stayed 'loyal' to Schlatt, having to betray his dad in the process.

"Wilbur is just a founder, I was born here and nothing else."

The very words still echoed in his head, mocking him. He hated that he had to do that, but Fundy had to gain Schlatt's trust, to break Manberg from the inside. It was his original plan anyways after Schlatt banished the two brothers from their own country that they founded. Surprisingly, it wasn't for power, but for an unknown reason that Schlatt wouldn't say.

Fundy looked around Pogtopia, the ravine base that was hidden far away from their country. He noticed Wilbur was leaning against the wall, looking through his inventory and holding his communicator at the same time. His clothes were stained with gunpowder and dirt. He wondered what was with the gunpowder, but shook it off in the end.

"Will?" He turned his head slightly, closing his inventory in the process. The brunette turned around fully to see the fox hybrid standing behind him.

Wilbur sighed in frustration, crossing his arms, "What do you want?" Fundy's ears twitched at his dad's harsh and bitter tone towards him. Did he really not trust him anymore?

Of course not, I betrayed him didn't I?

"Can't we just talk normally?"

"We did, but you said I was nothing to you last time we did," Yeah, Wilbur definitely hated him now.

...

"It.. was to help you okay? I needed to gain Schlatt's trust first!"

"And you didn't even tell any of us about this?"

"I'M SORRY, OKAY?!" The room went silent, Fundy tried to hold back his sobs, his tail and ears twitching violently.

"I.." Wilbur just stood there looking at the ground, for once he didn't know what to say or do. He hadn't cared for anything or anyone for a while, but now his son was back, revealing himself as the mole in Manberg.

Why should I care? He's a traitor. He's not my son..

Just another traitor...

But he couldn't stop himself from embracing his son after weeks of being separated. Nothing could stop the two from having a moment, it had been too long since they had even spent time together. All of this conflict had made them drift apart, but it had also driven them back together. What a surprise, huh?

"Funds- Fuck, I've been such a shit father haven't I?" Fundy melted into the hug, letting the sobs break free and tears race down his face.

Fundy was just a 16 year old, who looks older due to his fox nature, joining the revolution with Wilbur when he was only 9 in a crayon colored suit. He was one of the few kids that had to grow up too fast, and all he wanted was a peaceful life with Wilbur. The election was an attempt at that, but it had a complete disaster.