Chapter 8 - Alya's New Best Friend

Time skip, they are all at Adrien's house now(Tikki and Plagg got there first though)

Adrien's POV
We were all in my room relaxing, the tv was on but no one payed any attention to it, and the Nadja Chamack and XY interview faded into mere background Noise.

Plagg was seated on the floor directly in front of the table with his arm resting on it despite having a vacant chair behind him. Tikki was sitting down on an armchair opposite Plagg and a few inches away from the other side of the table.

Tikki looked at Plagg intently as he unboxed one of the 5 crates of cheese he bought, I am assuming when Tikki dragged him out of the cafe. He would occasionally explain what type of cheese it was and some background on where it's from and what it goes with, except if it was Camembert(which was almost all of the cheeses he bought) than he would start a rant about how amazing it was. And Tikki's small giggles would fill the room.

As for me and Marinette we were sat next to each other on the bigger couch that was parallel to the table. She was scrolling through a social media platform on her phone. The light from her phone illuminated her and from my POV her side profile was outlined with a pinkish light and she was glowing. Her long Navy blue hair cascaded down her back and curled up slightly at her back.

I was just texting Nino.

Nino:
Hey dude

Me:
Hi, what's up

Nino:
Why are U alwsys so formal

Me:
?
*always

Nino:
See what I mean
And like who uses punctuation in txt

Me:
...(typing)

Nino:
Nvm bro

I sighed as I started to delete the text, I just hate it when people cut you off in texting because now I have to change what I wrote. Glancing around the room I noticed empty cheese wrappers on the table, I looked at the crates that Plagg was previously unboxing and saw half of them were empty. Like how the hell does someone eat that fast.

My phone buzzed in my hand

Nino:
Is Marinette coming on the school trip?

Me:
Why are you asking me, Nino

Nino:
First of all it's Alya
And second she is your girlfriend so you should know

Me:
Hey Alya
She isn't my girlfriend

Nino:
....yet
anyways, can I have her number so I can ask her myself

I looked up from my phone and turned my head towards Marinette, she had a smile on her face and she looked like she was texting someone. My eyes traveled down to her phone, I never knew she had one she didn't seem to know that much about the outside world, so I assumed she lived a sheltered life and her legal guardian was strict and didn't let her get one. And that was just another way of saying I don't actually have her number.

Nino:
Hi
Hello
Adrien
Ping
Ping

Me:
Oh sorry
I don't think i have her number

Nino:
🤦🏽‍♀️
What type of boyfriend are you 😒
Well then pass her your phone

Me:
What I'm confused

Nino:
So I can speak to her I know you two are together
I saw you at the bakery
And I am going to speak to her one way or another 😤

Me:
Ok, fine
Give me one sec

Once again I turned towards Marinette only to find her looking at me concerned. "Are you ok?" She asked concern lacing her voice. I nodded quickly not wanting her to worry even though I didn't know why she was asking, was I acting weird or something?

She looked at me for a split second before turning back "did you want to ask me something" She said softly, even though she stopped stuttering when speaking to me I never realised how softly she spoke. She seemed more comfortable around me, year still seemed shy. And in school didn't speak to anyone else including the teachers.

So it really meant a lot to me when she started the conversation, opposed to how she normally answers with one word answers or with her eyes. It was really cool how she could communicate without speaking or signing.

"Oh yeah" I replied quickly. "Alya wants your number, you know the one that was sitting in front of you in school today" I explained to the best of my ability. "Ok, can you give it to her", realisation hit her "I didn't give you my number did I" she asked sounding quite unsure herself.

I simply nodded and handed her my phone. She looked confused as she saw a messaging platform open as she most likely assumed it was given to her to type her number in.

"It's Alya not Nino" I clarified, she seemed to connect the dots and started messaging Alya. She than handed me her phone and told me to type my number in.

Alya's POV
I was currently at Nino's apartment and we were watching a movie, well none of us were actually watching but that's besides the point.

Nino fell asleep and I didn't want to leave Adrien on read so I took his phone, and since he was my boyfriends best friend I took it upon myself to reply.

And now I'm waiting for Marinette.

Adrien
Hi, this is Marinette

Nino
👋 I'm sure Adrien already told you but it's me Alya

Adrien
Yeah he did

Nino
Are you going on the school trip

Adrien
Ig, idk

Nino
So your coming

Adrien
I don't remember saying that

Nino
We have to go shopping together for the holiday

Adrien
It's not a holiday
School trips are educational and boring
But I'm down to go shopping

Nino
Way to crush my dreams.
Honestly I'm so surprised you actually speak a lot more now

Adrien
I don't speak more, we're texting
There's a difference

Nino
Why don't you like speaking

Adrien
I don't like peopl|
I don't like|
I do|
|
I don't|
I hate|
I hate humma|
I hate humans in general

Nino
You seem to like Adrien.
Why don't you like humans

Adrien
Because they breathe

Nino:
Your funny
Can I have your number so I can text you the time we should meet up

Adrien
I wasn't joking
Sure
+33xxxxxxxxxx

Nino
Thanks

Seen

3rd Person POV
And with that Emilie called Adrien and Marinette down for dinner.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Thanks for reading. Sorry it's not really that good and there probably spelling mistakes. I'm writing this at the airport lounge at like 4 in the morning. Also sorry for the late update. I should probably mention this is just a filler chapter.
~halna11