66

Christopher who was left by Angelina in the middle of their conversation, was also staring at the two people dancing with a stunned expression.

Marchioness Bailey was also one of the people who were dumbfounded. What relationship does Angelina have with the young Emperor of the Vancelia empire...?

The duchess was dancing with the duke and they too were stunned. They looked at each other with a puzzled expression.

How is their daughter familiar with the emperor of the neighboring empire.

Everyone was discussing about Angelina and Charles.

"That....am I dreaming...?" Lady Rienne wiped her eyes. Then she suddenly felt a slight pain on her arm.

"Ouch!" She turned to Arianna who just pinched her.

"Doesn't seem like it." Arianna said with indifference.

"...what...." Rienne was dumbfounded. Arianna really was a blunt and non-smiling person....

Meanwhile, Alice's jaw dropped. Her friend was having her first dance with an Emperor! How could she not be shocked and confused...

Other's expression were not any better than Alice's.

The gossipers among them immediately turned to their friends and whispered to each other.

"Lady Angelina is quite impressive to be able to attract the emperor..."

"To me it's not too shocking. Lady Angelina, just like lady Evelina is a rare beauty..."

"I'm so envious of the Skyler family.... Their first daughter will be married to the Casspan family...and their youngest has already attracted the eyes of a Emperor!"

However not all the whispers were praises. There were criticisms too.

"What a vixen! How did she seduce the young Emperor...!?" Lady Sonia was one of the people criticising Angelina.

"What did she do to seduce him.."

"Hmph...! She's nothing but a temptress who takes advantage of her beauty!"

"What a sl*t!"

However the two young people dancing were not aware of those whispers and turned to deaf ears.

"Your quite a good dancer" Angelina complimented Charles. She was quite impressed. She thought it would be slightly difficult dancing with Charles. Since they have never danced together before.

But defying her expectations, they were very compatible in dancing together.

"Of course...." Charles paused before continuing. "After all....it was you who taught me..."

"....?" Angelina, at first was confused but she eventually understood that it must be part of her lost memories.

Seeing her clearly clueless about that memory, Charles's eyes darkened. it truly pains his heart when all the pleasant memories they shared, only he remembers.

It made it seem like it wasn't important to her, and he was the only one clinging onto their past.

He knew it wasn't her fault and she doesn't mean any harm, but he couldn't help but feel hurt.

Seeing his silent gaze, Angelina got distracted and almost slipped. Fortunately she was able to recover and make it seem like it didn't happen.

But as Charles was her dancing partner, he noticed this and smiled.

Angelina didn't know how adorable she looked right now in his eyes.

However their harmonious atmosphere was interrupted with a small commotion.