Chapter 24

Harry had been prepared for anything. He'd been prepared for seeing Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, he'd been prepared for seeing Draco, Blaise, Pansy and some of their friends. He'd even prepared himself for Minerva herself who was joining them because she was forcefully part of the family. 

What he wasn't prepared for, was to see Astoria Malfoy live and in the flesh mingling and chatting with Hermione. You know, Draco's wife who was supposedly dead. Everyone had been shocked to silence except for Hermione who had immediately greeted the woman like they were best friends. Ginny had been the second to greet the woman after snapping out of her shock.

"She's alive?" He asked Draco who was beside him, "How? the Greengrass curse-"

"Was just a cover to explain my disappearance. I had to work on a case a while back and we needed a good cover story," Astoria smiled at him, "Besides, that curse has been dormant for generations."

"But why? Why did you let the world think she's dead?" Draco's smile disappeared and Astoria shifted nervously, "You know what? I'm just glad she's not dead. Let's enjoy the party." Harry smiled.

Astoria grinned and wrapped her arm around his arm, "I knew I'd like you!" 

"Oi Draco! I see your wife and husband have finally met!" Ginny smirked.

"And they've decided to enjoy the party without you too." Hermione giggled.

"And what about your wives? Where's Luna and Pansy?" Draco asked while taking a sip of his beer.

"My wife has most likely convinced Luna to do something illegal." Blaise laughed.

"And it appears they've dragged your husband into their little plot, Hermione." Daphne, Theo's wife and Astoria's sister, grinned.

"Oh no, my husband has the mental capacity of a five year old." Hermione shook her head ruefully.

"I don't doubt it." Draco mused.

"Bit of a prat isn't he?" Astoria laughed to him, "I can't believe we married him."

"It shocks me to this day." Harry laughed.

"YOU GUYS!" Ron ran up to them with Pansy and Luna grinning in tow. "Jarlet is rEaL!" 

"Jarlet?" 

"James and Scarlet."

"That's what you three have been doing?" Draco asked, "Spying on the kids?"

"No, we initially just went inside to get more liquor because Luna says she's gonna mix a bunch of 'em together and make margaritas." Ron started.

"But when we went in, we saw Scarlet and James talking in hushed voices. They had a muffliato charm on but from their faces I'd guess there's something going on!" Pansy squealed, "What other explanation is there?"

"Dammit!" Blaise yelled. 

"What's wrong?" Theo asked.

"James doesn't speak Italian!"

"And this a problem because....?"

"I told Scarlet when she was like six that she couldn't marry someone unless they spoke Italian or French!" Blaise explained, "And Potter Junior doesn't speak either!" He facepalmed, "But I also really ship Jarlet!"

"So you're at war with yourself huh?" Pansy mused. 

"If it makes you feel better, James is a Parseltongue." Harry supplied.

"Oh that explains it." Luna finally spoke.

"Explains what?"

"Scarlet hissed something to him and he blushed such a pretty shade of red." Luna replied with a dreamy smile, "I thought perhaps he liked the way she hissed but it seems he just knew what she said."