Chapter 95: Nightmares Before Realizations...

This has been the story so far...

The night sky has brought slumber upon the Goddesses and the Security

The night sky has brought slumber upon the Goddesses and the Security... Awaiting for the sun to shine... The boy begins to dream... Before realizing his actions of the past...

-Narration.

A cold night sky hovers over the Ark... A small group of Security has gathered around within the resistance district... An armed Grenade launcher is seen in your very hands as you looked over to see shadowy figures in the distance...

Security: We're in position, the enemies are on sight.

(y/n): What exactly are we here for?

Security: We're ordered to retrieve the medical supplies that were stolen from us a week ago. You know how to use that, right?

One of the Security asked as you raised the Grenade Launcher before nodding.

(y/n): Affirmative.

Security: Good, start raining fire whenever you're ready. Don't worry about hitting the supplies, they're safe inside bullet proof crates.

You nodded before taking a fee steps forward and took aim... Silence was in the air before multiple grenades were shot towards the targeted location... You and your squad looked over at the enemy location... Seeing white smoke spread from the grenades...

(y/n): Alright, lets wait till the smoke clears so we can grab the Medical Supplies and help those civilians back home. Hmm?

However... After placing the grenade on your back... You begin to hear screams... These weren't screams from savage soldiers... But screams of all men, women and children... You look over at the cloud of smoke... And questioned...

(y/n): Those are... Smoke Grenades... Right? They're not those White... Phosphorus that I heard rumors about... You know, the ones that burns your flesh till there is nothing left? ... Guys?

You looked back at your squad... You felt a rush of uncomfort as you see them all point at you with soulless eyes...

(y/n): W-What...?

You look back towards the cloud of smoke... In fact... The entire location seem to have gotten closer as you got a good look at the place... And those who were in the smoke...

(y/n): What... But...

You eyes widens before seeing the men, women and children that you heard screams before... Their skin have burnt... Melted and devoured by the white smoke... You take one step back as your stomach was ready to go empty from the sight...

(y/n): This can't be right... Why...

???: Killing the innocent again, I see.

(y/n): What? No! This was a mist-

As you turn towards the squad... They were all replaced... By you... Their fingers remain pointing at you as you stood there...

???: Even after knowing the existence of the Ark, you still went on killing innocent people who are just trying to survive.

(y/n): T-That's not true! I didn't know they were innocent lives! I thought they were our enemies.

???: So the entire Resistance are the enemy? Have you forgotten everything that has been spilled? The outside world wanted us all to kill each other. We are all innocent including the Resistance who are trying to save their sick people, but it looks like you decided to ignore that...

You gritted your teeth before rushing towards you other self, placing your hand around his throat as you shouted.

(y/n): Shut up! I didn't mean to kill those people, damn it!

You shouted as you begin to squeeze you hands around his throat... Your eyes are closed... But a familiar voice takes your other self's place.

???: Murderer.

You eyes shot wide open from the familiar voice... Looking up... Your hands were around Nepgear's... You released her from your grip as you took a step back... She points at you with soulless eyes as shadows were seen behind her... They were very easy to recognize who they were...

Nepgear: You don't care about anyone. You don't care about me. You just want to hurt everyone.

(y/n): No... No no, that is not true... I didn't know... I didn't know, I swear...

You replied before slowly falling on your knees... Tears began to roll down your eyes as Nepgear and the shadows continue to point at you and call you murderer... In a way... They're not wrong...

[Timeskip with (y/n) sitting on a couch, falling asleep as Vert sat right beside him with a smile.]

The morning sun rises from the horizon... Planeptune's basilicom is seen in full view... And you sat on the edge of your bed while Nepgear slept beside you... You stared at the ground with tired eyes...

(y/n): Just the same old dreams... Over and over again...

As you continued to look at the ground... You slowly turn towards the small cabinet that's besides your bed... Seeing the sidearm that you carry with you... You stared at it before sighing and went back to sleep before everything fades to black...

And the title "Neptunia" appeared as the title is untouched and silence fills the air.