Chapter 67 - A Miracle is born

Start from the beginning

- Defne's going into labor, - explained. - I have to fly to Istanbul immediately! - he took a couple of steps to the door and immediately stopped and grabbed his head. - Allah! Until the morning there is no flight to Istanbul!

Koray took off heavily after Defne to the second floor and saw her back hiding behind the bathroom door.

- Skinny, where are you going?! - He yelled and rushed after. The door did not budge, and he tugged on the doorknob. - Open it! Omyush told me not to take my eyes off you!

"Koray," came an angry hiss from behind the door. - I need to wash and change. Wait in the hallway.

Koray, lamenting, ran down the corridor and called Neriman again.

- Nero!!! Faster! The skinny girl jumps around the house like a ball! We risk catching Diana on the move! And I do not know how to deliver a baby! This was not described on the site! Ay, I'm delaying you! I'm waiting!

Defne left the bathroom and Koray again, lamenting, bustled around her:

- Skinny, how do you feel? Diana won't climb?

Resigned that the madman calls her daughter by a different name, Defne took a deep breath and reined in him:

- Koray! Stop panicking! Nobody climbs! I don't even have contractions yet! - As soon as she uttered this phrase, she grabbed her belly and bent in half. - Allah! I have already! Koray, watch the clock!

- Eight in the evening! - he shouted in fright and, grabbing the noisily breathing Defne by the hand, pulled her into the room. - Say what you need to take!

- In my purse, there is my passport. My health insurance is on the nightstand. Take it and put it in the bag.

- Insurance! Insurance! - Koray jumped to the nightstand, opened it, and turned everything that was in it on the floor. Feverishly fingering the contents, he yelled: - Insurance! Where is it?!

- Ay! - Defne jumped to him and pulled out a thick sheet of paper folded in half from the pile. Putting the insurance in her purse, she slipped a comb and toothbrush into it. - Koray don't mess around! Take the white bag from the dressing room. It has clothes for the baby.

Koray flew like a bullet into the dressing room and returned with a white bag. Defne was looking for something in the jewelry box. A car honked in the street.

- Nero has arrived! - Koray was delighted and shouted at Defne: - What are you looking for there? Why do you need jewelry in the hospital? No, I understand that you are obsessed with them, but not to such a degree!

Defne fished the opal necklace out of the box and exhaled with relief:

- Here it is!

"Skinny," Koray touched her forehead. - Do you have a fever or a dullness of mind? Why do you need beads?

- I need it! - Defne capriciously stamped her foot. - Opals saved us on Bora Bora. They are a talisman and should be with me. That's just, - Defne frowned. - I can't wear them. Anyway, they will order me to take it off, - She resolutely thrust the necklace into his hands and ordered: - Put it on!

Koray's eyes popped out of their sockets. Staring at the pregnant girl, disheveled like a sparrow, he stuttered and tried to persuade her:

- Skinny, why do I need the beads? They won't suit me at all. My style does not fit such adornment, - he made a pleading grimace. - Maybe we will put it in your purse?

- Put it on! - Defne repeated resolutely and again doubled over in pain.

Koray, with shaking hands, fastened the necklace around his neck and clucked around the groaning girl.