"You're a decent lady, Miss Calypso, I wouldn't want to see a jerk be your first dance," he answered, twirling me as part of the choreography.

"Well, that's so nice of you, Lord Wetherby," I paused, still curious about whether he really is unavailable. "So, did I figure you out?"

He let out a soft chuckle. "I do have someone who owns my heart."

I smiled at him. Momentarily, the music has stopped so did the dancers. I watched as their heads turn to the direction of the entrance, even Lord Wetherby was looking. I followed his gaze, and on the entrance came Henry Granville, a famous artist in London Society.

I had never thought people were that amused with him. Until I saw who came after him, Daphne Bridgerton chaperoned by Viscountess Bridgerton and the viscount. She was with Anthony Bridgerton.

Suddenly, everything made sense. The people weren't staring at Henry Granville, rather Miss Daphne. She was such a head turner.

"Lady Calypso," said Lord Wetherby. "I will treasure this memory dancing with you. But may I please be excused?"

I nodded. Together, we walked away the dance floor and separated ways. I went back into where Stella was standing while Lord Wetherby proceeded to the entrance.

Stella didn't notice me while I walked towards her way. She was busy chatting with Lady Amanda Wright, an acquaintance of her during her season. Without the desire of interrupting an apparently fun conversation, I decided to simply wait after it was over.

From where I was standing, I could see that Anthony was strictly chaperoning Daphne. His cold nature and harsh reactions drove Daphne's suitors away from him. The first recipient of the Viscount's disapproval was Lord Ambrose. He whispered something to Daphne that I can't seem to decipher.

I stole a few more glances their way until another bachelor blocked my view. He started talking but I didn't dare bother. I think his name was John. I don't know. He was blocking my Anthony view.

I think he asked me to dance and I might have lied along the ways of, "I'm already tired."

This remark made him leave me alone, offering me a clearer view of the viscount. They then decided to walk through the crowd, from their stares, I bet they were judging every bachelor out here.

I wish he wouldn't focus only on the guys that could court his sister. I wish he also focus on himself. He has yet to propose to a woman.

"Hey," called Stella from behind. I turned around and figured that her and Amanda's convo must have ended. "Why are you not out there dancing?"

"I'm just waiting for a decent person to ask me," I lied. In my mind, I had only one person to think about.

"Oh," she said, dragging out the pronunciation of the syllable. "Do you mean you're waiting for one person?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, defensively.

"He's coming here," Stella pointed to the direction with her eyes.

I turned around and saw Anthony Bridgerton. He was in fact walking our way. I looked back at Stella and mouthed, How did you know?

She just winked.

I rolled my eyes at her, and when I turned around, boom! I hit somebody with my right shoulders.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I apologized. "I didn't mean to—"

"It's you again," he said. It was Anthony Bridgerton. He smiled and pointed at me. "The lady from outside the Queen's palace."

I stuttered. At loss for words with the idea that he has remembered me. "You're Daphne's brother."

He nodded. "And apparently, the one you keep on bumping into. If I might add, I'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose."

My eyebrows furrowed at the notion. "How rude of you to think like that?"

"Oh," he paused, taken aback by my response. "I was just kidding, Miss..."

He trailed off. "I believe we haven't been properly introduced. I'm Anthony Bridgerton."

"Calypso Nightingale," I smiled.

He reached out for my hands, and kissed it.

"Nice to meet you, Lady Calypso!" He exclaimed, eyes twinkling along with his smile.

"You too, Viscount Anthony Bridgerton," I said, stomach full of wild butterflies.