Stiles brought me with him, arm falling so that he could hold my hand, as he approached the closest deputy. "You didn't think this is a bit much in terms of firepower for a highschool?" he asked the man, gesturing to the officer's gun with his free hand.

I noticed Scott arrive beside us, greeting him with a small smile as he stood beside me. He smiled with a nod in return, before looking at Stiles and the officer.

"Your dad's the one that issued us these things, and he would officially say why," Officer Strauss informed the boy with a shrug.

I pursed my lips in thought, "Surely he said something though? Right?"

"Unofficially?" Scott tacked on.

The man surveyed the halls subtly, before leaning in somewhat. "No. But everyone's got a theory."

"What's yours?" Stiles asked.

Suddenly becoming skittish, the man stood tall. "I shouldn't be talking to you guys. Don't you have class?"

"Come on, Strauss," Stiles said with a slight roll of his eyes. "What's your theory?"

The man glanced over to make sure his fellow officers weren't watching him too carefully. He then leaned back again, talking much quieter, "Do you guys believe in the supernatural?"

I bit the inside of my cheek as I shared a look with my two best friends. The fact that one of the Sheriff's deputies was saying this was concerning, to say the least. That meant that people in town were beginning to notice what was really going on in Beacon Hills.

♧♤♢♡

Stiles and I decided it would be best to talk to Scott after school considering the looming police presence in the halls. So, once the bell rang, we met out beside the Jeep.

"What was it you guys wanted to talk about?" the boy asked as we stood in a small triangle.

Stiles and I glanced at each other before I sighed. I needed to put any negativity I felt towards Scott right now aside and just tell him. Looking at the alpha, I made my eyes glow.

His widened considerably as he stared at me. "Riley. . . your eyes are silver."

I had my eyes revert back to their natural colour as I rolled them, "Yes. I know that, Scott. That's what we wanted to tell you."

"What happened?"

"I don't know," I sighed. I reached up and undid the scarf I had put on to cover up the marks so that Scott could see them. "But these have changed colour as well and they've spread. And before you ask, no, I have no idea how any of this happened."

Scott thought for a moment, eyes shifting as he did so. "Theo?"

I shrugged, running a hand through my hair. "I really don't know, Scott. I remember getting into an argument with Malia, her leaving, and then waking up in my bed."

"Alright, well. . ." he trailed off, his eyes noticeably looking elsewhere.

I glanced over my shoulder, to see Liam walking rather quickly towards his car. He was peering around him, seemingly nervous. "What's going on with him?" I asked.

"I don't know," Scott mumbled. "But he's got anxiety rolling off of him. I need to follow him and make sure he's not doing something that's going to get him killed."

"So you're not angry at him anymore?" Stiles asked.

Scott hesitated, before sighing. "Right now, I just need to make sure he doesn't get himself killed."