16- Think Long and Hard

My head whirled a bit as we stepped into the bus. These two completely different people both somehow are interested in me? And never told me? Is that why they were always giving puppy eyes whenever I chose the other? I thought that was just because they kind of had it out for each other, from what Bakugou had told me that one night. Hearing this, I thought of the warmth I felt when looking in Bakugou's eyes for the first few times, the comfort of being in his arms. I thought of the anger on both their faces when they saw Shigaraki hovering over me. And I thought back to the small remarks made by Mina and Sero, on that first, fateful day.

"I think he might like you, Amari."

"Yeah, he doesn't know what to do with himself now that this pretty girl stood up to him!"

"Maybe I was ignoring the signs from Bakugou, but Midoriya?" I exclaim. This didn't make sense. Uraraka looks down. "Yeah, and I had actually been hoping to ask him to the dance myself." She admits. My eyes widen. "You still can!" I reassured her, and she looks up at me. "I can't see you and him together anyways, Amari. You two don't have much... chemistry." Mina adds in. Uraraka's face lights up a bit. "Bakugou on the other hand..." Mina smiles and laughs and I can feel my face heat. "You're right.." I trail off. My stop comes and I grab my stuff. "I'll text you guys." I say as I hop off.

I walk in the door, and get a hug from my mom. "Hi, baby! How are you? How was it? Did you all pass?" She bombards me. "We all passed, yes. The dance is on!" I say, feigning enthusiasm. She cheers, and her bright glow continues. "I wanted to talk to you about something. My friends just told me that two of my classmates were thinking of taking me to the dance. I don't know who to say yes to." I confess. She turns around, a compassionate look on her face. She pushes the few flyaways out of my face and behind my ears, and clasps her hands behind my head. "Oh, love. It's all up to you. Just think hard, okay?" She pulls me in for a hug and I walk to my room, shutting the door behind me.

My mind continued to race. To be completely honest, I wasn't sure there was anything going for me choosing Midoriya. He was sweet and kind, but now that I knew Uraraka wanted to take him out, I couldn't go with him. Bakugou was a little rougher, but he also knew when he was being too crazy, and it was easy to see through all that and get back to who he was on a deeper level. I never had trouble standing up to him and letting him know when he was overreacting. It seemed obvious who I should ask, and I threw on a coat and went to run out the door. "Amari? You headed out?" "Yeah mom! Be back in an hour, gonna go see Mina."

I knocked on the door, and Kirishima opened it, with a surprised look on his face. "Hey, Amari, what are you doing here? Were you and Mina hanging out today?" He says, a confused look on his face. "No, I'm actually here for Bakugou. Is he home?" He glances behind him, then back at me. "Yeah, he's in his room blowing off some steam. I'm not sure if now's a good time." I walk in and make my way to his door. "He'll be fine." I knock on it quickly, and he yanks the door open. "Kirishima, for the last time-". He looks down at me and immediately his face flushes, as does mine when I'm face to face with his bare chest. I look away quickly, and look back up to his face. "Um, I came to talk to you about something." His eyes narrow, and he motions towards his room.

He plops down on his beanbag, and I sit next to him. I try not to look at him shirtless but find it hard not to. I've seen him in his hero suit, which is basically shirtless, since his tank top is so damn tight to his body, but yet it still feels different. I blush just thinking about it and he smiles. "Who's more built, me or Kirishima?" He grins wildly at my flustered composure. "I- uh, you?" I fumble. He laughs. "So, what made you come over? How was the planning with Deku?" He asks, a hint of jealousy drips from his tongue. "Well, it's about the dance actually." I start and he stares off into the distance. "Did he ask you to it?" He asks, full blown jealousy in his tone. "No!" I yell out. He looks at me, taken aback. I shake my head and start over.

"I was trying to ask you if you wanted to go to the dance with me, you asshole!"