15

Nandini pressed her palm against her lower stomach closing her eyes and taking a step breath. Her cramps were getting worst by the minute.
She walked out of the classroom slowly she was feeling quite weak.
"Nandini" Nandini turned to see Manik, Dhruv and Alya smiling walking towards her . Suddenly everything went blur and Nandini stumbled.

Before Manik could call out Nandini Alya had already shouted her name making him frown at her . She raised her eyebrows "what she is by bestie first then your girlfriend" Manik rolled his eyes.
He turned to look at Nandini smiling but his smile dropped when he saw how weak she looked suddenly she stumbled and before he realised Nandini's eyes closed and she collapsed.
"NANDINI!!" Manik screamed as he rushed towards her side Alya and Dhruv right behind him. He gently placed her head in his lap. His was heart was beating rapidly against his chest his hands sweating.
"Nandu baby" he said patting her cheek. Alya handed him a water bottle "sprinkle it on her" she said. He took some water in his hands and gently sprinked it on her face making Nandini twitch.
"Manik let's take her to the infirmary" Dhrub said Manik nodded and picked her up.

"There is nothing to worry about she just had lost a lot of energy and she must not have eaten anything and on the top she is on her periods. I have put her on saline when she is done you can take her home. Make sure she eats and rests" the doctor said before leaving. Manik thanked him and then hurried to check on Nandini. He hated seeing her in such a state she looked very pale. He sat on a chair which was beside her bed taking her hand in his. He kissed her hand gently resting his head beside her on the bed. He thought back to the moment when he saw Nandini faint. He had felt like his heart had stopped beating for a moment. He couldn't lose her he needed her in his life. And Manik drifted away in sleep still holding onto Nandini's hand.

Nandini winced when the bright light fell on her eyes as she opened them. Blinking a few times her eye sight adjusted to the light  she scanned her surroundings and realised she was in the infirmary. She looked around and saw that a saline was attached her her left and manik was attached to the right. His face very close to the hand he was holding she ticked his cheek with her index finger nail making him frown and mumble. Nandini giggled and did it again this time he frowned and woke up looking up annoyed. "Nandini what ar...... Nandini you are awake!!!!" he suddenly exclaimed making Nandini wince at the loud noise. She lifted her right hand to caress his face "I am the one who is sick so why do you look so tired" she commented. Manik grabbed her hand and pulled her close to him hugging her tightly nuzzling his face in the crook  of her neck.
"Take care of yourself Nandini don't you dare ever scare me like that" he mumbled. She smiled hugging him back "I am sorry" she whispered and kissed his cheek.

 She smiled hugging him back "I am sorry" she whispered and kissed his cheek