20

WARNING 

THERE IS MENTION OF SUICIDE IN THE CHAPTER. I WILL PUT A WARNING SIGN BEFORE THE PART.

Aliya was terrified to see Nandini in such a state. She was weeping continuously clutching onto Dhruv who had his arms wrapped tightly around her. Aryaman simply stared at her he had never seen Nandini so broken.

"No there has to be some confusion. I know Manik would never do this to me. I have to go and talk to him" Nandini said wiping her tears roughly and getting up.

"Nandu don't......" Aliya shut up when Nandini glared at her. Nandini pulled her gown higher and then hurried to the back side of the hall where she was told Manik was by one of the waiters. There was a pool at the back side. Nandini searched around everywhere when she heard someone say "Looking for someone"

Nandini turned to see Tara standing her hands folded against her chest with a smirk. Nandini glared at her and walked towards her  "Where is Manik?"

"Why are you looking for my fiance" the word fiance pierced right into Nandini's heart.

"He is not your fiance I know he was forced into this nonsense tell me where Manik is" Nandini said grabbing Tara's arm roughly. Tara gulped terrified when she saw the look on Nandini's face. Suddenly Tara's eyes shifted to someone behind Nandini.

"Nandini what are you talking about? I don't even know what's between you and Manik. Please you are hurting me" Tara whimpered suddenly tears in her eyes. Nandini frowned at her weird behavior before Nandini could even understand what happened Tara grabbed her hand and suddenly stumbled back and fell into the pool.

"TARA!" Nandini turned around to see Manik running towards them. He jumped into the pool helping Tara out of the water. Now Nandini understood why had Tara suddenly played the victim card. Tears welded in her eyes when she saw Tara clutching onto Manik as he helped her sit on the floor. Manik turned around angrily "What the hell Nandini?!"

Nandini looked at Manik startled he didn't think she had pushed her in the pool did he? 

"Manik i didn't push her she herself jumped in the pool"

"So you are saying that she tried to kill herself. Nandini i knew he had anger issues but i never thought you would try to kill someone" Nandini stared at Manik in shock. This wasn't her Manik her Manik always trusted her no matter what.

She gulped holding her tears she held Manik's hands "Manik please can't you see she is lying she is playing the victim card." Manik ripped his hands away from her hold.

"And I think you are the one who is suppose to explain me something. What is all this nonsense this engagement and you being someone else's son. Manik if your dad is forcing you into this tell me i will help you"

"I think you should help yourself first after all your family is the one that is going bankrupt" Nandini looked at Tara who was now standing beside Manik.