I don't know how it happened, but my dad and I have grown apart quite a bit and I know it's because of the alcohol, that's why I don't touch a drop, but I also know it's up to him. Dad has had problems in the past, I know, was with the wrong people, but when Mom came into his life he became a different person, because of her and now that he no longer has her...

-----

Within seconds I am in front of the school building, it is a large stone building, I swallow. Just keep your cool, no one knows who you are and if they do don't let them show that is hurts.

  My legs move forward, I look back again to where I left my bike and feel in my pocket whether I have my bike key. Got you.

  Now just go to the office to let them know I'm here and get my schedule. I walk inside a bit tougher than I actually am. I get some staring, but that's probably because everyone sees I'm new. Some look more at my hair, I know most girls, well, all girls don't have short hair here.

  I roll my eyes and make my way further into the building, push open a few doors and step up to the desk where I am greeted by a friendly woman. I relax at the sight of her smile and force myself to breathe.

  "You must be Raven."

  I smile before I answer. "Jayden, but yes, I am." 

  The woman behind the counter, Jessica, I read from her card has a hard time looking at her computer. "Ah the middle name, I see it here." She smiles friendly at me again. "I've got your schedule here, would you like me to call someone to show you around?"

  I smile when I take my schedule from her. "I think I can handle it myself."

-------

Or not. I've been looking for the right classroom for 20 minutes and I still have 7 minutes to get there. Great, just great. May also come a bit because I put my second bag in my locker first.

  I stare thoughtfully at the paper in front of me, what is this? Chinese. This day is already going to be hell.

  "Are you lost?" I hear someone say behind me. When I turn around I see 3 guys standing behind me. My eyes scan them quickly and I know within 2 seconds that they belong to the baseball team, how? The jackets they wear. They are tall, 2 of them have brown hair and one had blond wavy hair and the middle one has the widest shoulders. Shit. 

  They look at each other briefly. "Should we help you?" They act innocent but I can see the looks in their eyes. Predators.

  "We are happy to help." I feel an arm being put around me. "You smell nice."

  I smile uncomfortably. "T-the history l-local."

  "Oh, second door on the 2nd floor," the middle one replies casually. "Not that difficult."

  "Or... are you a bit crazy?" My face is unemotional. They already know. My free hand turns into a tight fist.

  "They say you should stay away from the crazy ones, but you're actually quite nice." I bite my tongue when one of them touches my hair.

"What is it? Have you lost your tongue?" His grin is so big, I want to knock it off him.

  And then I get pushed against the lockers, I gasp. For a moment I don't know what to do anymore. I can't breath.

  "Ahh, look, she's going to cry." No! I bite hard on the inside of my cheek, not in front of these losers.

I look at the boy with the blond hair, who has been quiet the whole time and is staring at his feet. Do something! I say with my eyes, I try to signal to him, but he's pretending to be stupid, that he doesn't see me.