Chapter 28

Severine hit the training mat and groaned. His sparring partner was kicking his ass. He hadn't realized how relaxed he had become in his short time away from the agency. He grabbed the hand that was offered to him and got back on his feet, but was thrown back on the mat a short time later. It didn't help that his mind wasn't anywhere close to the training at hand.

When he had first arrived he had been told to report to Jana's office. He had entered it and was handed a similar piece of paper like yesterday's asking him to create a barrier so they could speak freely. Once he had created it Jana explained she had spoken to Marcus, she had had to assure him several times he was safe before he had allowed her to say anything else, and they had come up with a plan. She explained Marcus and Nora's job was to try to avoid Issac at all costs and that she would work on her end to find proof of his father paying Issac to go after them. She had hesitated before explaining she would also need proof of his father's abuse.

He figured he was going to have to tell others about it in order to make the whole situation go away, and not repeat itself, but now that it was happening he hadn't been sure what to do. He knew his father needed to be held accountable for both Issac and his personal actions but he was still his father. Did he really want to see him thrown in the agency's detention cells for years on end? He had finally sighed and nodded reluctantly. He explained his split lip was from him then he had looked at the floor and slowly lifted his shirt to show her the bruise on his side. He heard her suck in a breath but didn't look up, he was surprised when she gave him a tight hug.

"I'm sorry," she had said, "I couldn't help it."

He had just nodded and let her take pictures of his lip and the bruise. When she explained she had what she needed for now he released the sound barrier and was directed to go to the training room.

He was thrown out of the memories by hitting the mat hard, again. He dazedly thought it was a good thing they had gotten the pictures this morning because by tomorrow he was going to have several new bruises. He rolled to the side and got back on his feet.

**********************************

When he arrived home he had taken a shower and wanted nothing more than to fall in bed and sleep but he knew the soreness would be worse if he didn't ice his injuries. He went to the kitchen and grabbed a gallon zip lock bag, filled it with ice, and grabbed the kitchen towel. Heading back to his room he passed his father's study, the door was slightly ajar, he was just past it when he heard his father say Marcus's name. He stopped and held his breath, then slowly took a few steps back, he enhanced the sound of his father's voice slightly so that he could hear what was going on.

"I've already told you, you can do as you see fit," his father sounded annoyed.

A couple of moments later he heard his father sigh, "I don't control you Issac. You are free to do as you please."

He thought about amplifying his father's phone speaker so that he could hear Issac as well, but he didn't want to risk his father finding out he was eavesdropping.

"Tomorrow? Yes, yes that's fine. The sooner you can handle it the better," his father said.

Tomorrow? Did his father mean Issac was going to attack Marcus tomorrow? He couldn't! They had just come up with a plan and they needed more time to execute it. He had to stop them but what could he do? His father hadn't left him alone since he had been home. If he left the house his father escorted him. He needed to warn Marcus or Jana but his father had broken his phone. He was stuck with no way out.

He jumped when his father opened the study door, "I had a feeling you were out here eavesdropping."

He unconsciously took a step back, "Please, don't let Issac do this father. I don't understand why you're letting him do this? I came home, I'm back in the agency. I've done everything you wanted me to do so far. I'll do anything else you want me to do. Just please don't let Issac hurt him."