Chapter 8

Issac watched from the alley of the Cafe as Marcus walked home. He had contemplated following him then decided against it. He had been in the business long enough to know you didn't immediately trail your targets after the first encounter, especially when your target also had powers. Once he saw Marcus vanish inside the apartment he took the short two block walk from the alley to the small house his employer had rented him.

Once home, he shuddered at the thought of having to call it home, he ate the food he had gotten and showered. Then he contacted his employer, it was nearly ten in the evening but he knew he had been anxiously awaiting an update. He answered on the first ring.

"You better have made some progress Issac," the man grumbled in a voice almost as deep as his own.

"I have made contact with both Severine and Marcus. Neither of them suspect anything Theon," he told him calmly.

"How many times have you seen them?" Theon asked.

"Just once each, both times at the small Cafe not far from their apartment," he responded.

"When do you plan to make your move?"

"Not for at least a couple more days. I need to observe them more, it might take me a week," he said.

"I want this done quickly!" Theon roared.

"I understand, there is one other thing though," he said.

"And what is that?" Theon asked.

"There is a girl, around their age. She seems to be a friend of Severine's. Not a love interest obviously, but a close friend. What would you like to do about her?"

"Do whatever you see fit. I already told you, your job is to make him regret leaving this house."

"Understood," he replied with a wicked grin.