Chapter 14

Evanora's first thought when she woke up the next morning, was how extremely disappointed in herself she was. She knew better than to get that drunk when she was alone. Her head was pounding. Her second thought was a panic of where she was at and if she had gone home with some random person, then she realized she was in Marcus and Severine's living room. She rubbed her eyes and got up slowly making her way to the bathroom. Marcus's door was open but she didn't see them in there so knew they were in Severine's room.

She vaguely remembered them coming to get her last night, she thought she might have been singing. Her face reddened with embarrassment. She used the bathroom then went back to the living room. She folded the blanket and placed it on the pillow. She was looking for a piece of paper to tell them thanks and she went home when she heard Severine's door open. Severine came out looking horrible, his eyes were puffy like he had been crying. When he saw her at the kitchen island he gave her a small smile, she tried to return it but could tell it was more like a cringe.

"Morning. How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like I'm an idiot and my head's going to explode," she responded.

He nodded and went to one of the cabinets above the stove, he grabbed a bottle of Tylenol and a bottle of water and handed them to her. She took them and smiled.

"Thanks," she said.

"Do you want breakfast," he started, "or not. You kind of just turned green."

"I was actually going to go home and try to not face the embarrassment," she admitted.

"Yeah, I figured you would try. But you need to stay till Marcus gets up. We need to talk to you," he said, paling slightly.

"You know, the sentence "we need to talk" is never a good conversation starter," she said with a nervous laugh.

She cut her laugh short when she saw that he had paled even more, "Sev, are you okay?" Her voice was full of concern now.

He sniffled. Oh my god he's gonna cry, she thought, I don't handle crying. She wished Marcus would wake his ass up.

"Sev, don't cry. I don't know what it is but I'm sure it will be okay," she said trying to sound soothing.

He sniffled again, swiping at his eyes furiously, and she panicked, "MARCUS WAKE THE HELL UP NOW! LIKE RIGHT NOW! SEVERINE'S CRYING AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

"Nora!" Severine shouted.

"Well you are!" she exclaimed, throwing her hands up.

There was a loud thump and a louder curse that came from Severine's room then the door flung open and Marcus rushed out. His hair was a mess from sleep and there was a hand print on his cheek from where his head had been laying on his hand.

"What the hell is going on?" he demanded.

"Severine said we needed to talk, I made a joke, he started crying, and it wasn't a mean joke, so it's not my fault," she said sticking her chin out in a stubborn manner.

Marcus sighed and rubbed his eyes, "First, Nora, you should have a hangover from hell so stop shouting and talking so loud."

She gave him a dirty look that he ignored.

"Second, Sev, I love you but if you could try not to cry that would be helpful," he said in a soothing and gentle voice.

She looked away from them, Marcus had walked over to Severine while saying this and had their foreheads pressed together while he wiped the tears from his cheeks. She heard them speaking softly to each other. When she turned back around they were nodding like they had just agreed on something.