chapter 3

A/N : i got emotional writing the first part ngl, please remember if you're going through any of this you're not alone and we and many other help lines are out there for you we love you~M
⚠️mention of abuse, swearing⚠️

———————————

ADDY'S POV :

today i had school and it was our first day back after christmas. the only thing keeping me going was the fact i was going to see my friends, but i'd also have to see jack. not only would i have to see him, i would have to act like i love him, do i love him? well i certainly used to, but when i look at every inch of my body he's left his mark on i question it. maybe he's just being protective because he loves me.

i always walked with my three best friends to school as we all lived pretty close. my friendship group is made up of three of the best people in this world; first we have the twins, justin and amelie, and how could we forget flora. they've helped me through a lot and they don't even know it and i truly love them for that... love... a tricky thing.

i tried not to look at myself in the mirror whilst getting changed, i didn't want to see my purple, damaged skin. it was difficult though, i just wanted to get rid of them but there's no way i could do that. nor can i tell anybody about this, it would make jack worse.

i managed to get dressed and ready for the day without having a breakdown, that was until i heard a loud knock on the door. i flinched, started crying and shaking.

"addy? are you in there?" it was flora's voice.
"uh- um yup" i replied drying my tears. "are you okay you seem a bit shaken up?" justin said with concern in his tone.
"i'm fine and dandy" (a/n: if you get this reference i love you) i tried to put myself together before opening the door to my friends.

i carried on walking to school not really saying much but the odd "yeah" or "mhm". we arrived at school and i could see louis walking towards me, i quickly turned away. i couldn't talk to him again, he asks too many questions.

"addy, where are you going?" i heard my friends shout. "oh i just remembered i had to hand some art work into mrs smith i'll be right back" i answered, i mean it's a lie. i just needed to get away from everyone but i did go to the art room. it was my safe place at school.

i assumed louis would stop trying to catch up with me after i turned away but he didn't.
"addy!" he called. "what do you want partridge?" i shouted whilst walking backwards, as i was doing so i felt myself bump into someone... it was jack.

"hey babe" he said, ugh cant he just leave me alone. "hiya" i replied with a fake smile. i knew louis had kept walking closer to me.
"how are you this morning princess?"
ew i hate when he calls me names like that.
"good thanks" i said nodding. "well i'm glad about that" he said coming closer to me, he kissed me. i hate this, i hate him, but do i really, or do i still love him.

really addy?!?!

"i just need to go and drop something in art jack alright?" i uncomfortably murmured.
"well i'll come with you then" he shot back harsh, grabbing my wrist tightly as he did so.

we started walking but he was more dragging me than anything. i could still feel louis' presence behind us, he just wanted to keep me safe i knew it. jack luckily hadn't noticed him yet.

before we reached the art room the bell rang.
"i'll just come back another time i've gotta get to science, cya" i said to jack as we both turned around. there was louis, jack was about to go crazy.

"following us now are we?" he questioned louis.
"no i was going to music, it's in the same place. can't i just walk around school, seriously what's your issue man?" louis questioned getting.
"jack stop, please" i begged as he was about to start a fight.
"fine, but anything else sus from either of you, i'm not stupid i know this partridge kid is always at your place"
"yeah because he's my brothers best friend what the fuck, what's sus about that?!" i exclaimed. i could see the anger in jacks eyes, i just stood up to him. what was i thinking? would he do anything to me in public? surely not, it would ruin his popular guy reputation. he thought about it, i could tell but then he just stormed away.

"i'm so sorry about him" i said shakily turning to louis. "hey don't be sorry it's not your fault that he's such a wanker" louis comforted me, rubbing my shoulder, i tried so hard not to flinch at his actions. i was on the verge of tears, but i didn't want to cry in front of him.

"do you wanna skip first lesson? i can take you to front desk if you want, you could go home i can just tell them you feel sick?" he expressed with a warm smile. "thanks louis, we can skip first but i'll go to second i don't wanna ruin my first day back completely" i replied. "ok i know a spot, follow me" he said, picking up my bag from the floor. so i did, i followed him.

————————————————

A/N : just to lighten the mood a bit🤠...