So at the age of nineteen, when his power and title as Emperor was finally stable and secure, he decided to finally meet the beautiful lady again..

But his joyful mood immediately fanished when he heard horrifying news from his side.

Lilith was captured and put in prison.

He immediately rushed to the Sainthallian Empire, but it was too late.

The scene he saw...he would never forget...

The young woman who has been on his mind for years. The reason he worked so hard for...

Was being burned at the stake.

He froze. His heart dropped. It felt as if the whole world was ending.

He watched the girl who has taken care of him, who has shown him care that even his own mother didn't give him...he saw her being burned alive.

This scene horrified him. But he could do nothing...

He saw as she held back her screams and cried.

He stayed there, standing, even when it was over and the crowd dispersed.

When he came back to the Vancelia Empire, he could no longer hold back his tears and broke down.

He ordered his subordinates to look into the matter. He wanted to know how and why she had to die.

And the results made him so angry...he laughed. His subordinates looked at each other and thought that he had finally gone mad.

The one who was the main she was executed...was the person she loved the most, her own fiancee..

He was completely furious.

In a fit of anger, he declared war on the Sainthallian Empire.

The war between the two most powerful empires took 9 years for it to end. And the one who was victorious was the Vancelia Empire...

The nobles and all the officials rejoiced and celebrated in their massive victory.

Due to this war, the Sainthallian Empire lost a lot of land and gave it to the Vancelia Empire. They did it to plea for mercy, and Charles did grant their wish.

However Charles wasn't happy on this massive victory or for gaining a lot of land.

He was only satisfied of the fact that, during the war...Chase got injured and was now disabled and disfigured.

The people celebrated and cheered for their Emperor. But Charles didn't feel happy. Every night he was always haunted by the same scene of Lilith burning at the stake.

All of his achievements meant nothing to him anymore.

At the age of just twenty nine, he already felt tired of life.

He felt there was nothing to work for anymore.

Every night, he would look out at the moon and remember his promise, and his guilt grew.

If only he came back sooner..... Maybe she would have been still alive right now.

Everyday he was plagued with regret, guilt, anger, and sadness.

Then he decided it was no longer worth it.

He didn't have a family anymore and the only other person who cared for him was gone....

One night, while clutching to a white diamond pendant and a bracelet Lilith gave him, he, just like his mother killed himself with poisoned wine.

He thought that was the end. He was looking forward to meet her again on the other side and beg for her forgiveness.

But instead of that, Charles woke up in his sleeping chamber....

He thought he failed but something was different....

He was younger.... He returned to the age of 16! Not only that...it seems like the world was reversed by time...

Not waiting any longer, he immediately planned to go to the Sainthallian Empire to look for Lilith. But when he told his aide, his aide's eyes showed...confusion...

Then he told him.....the Bailey household doesn't have an adopted daughter by the name of Lilith...

Charles widened his in shock...

His heart sunk. Was the world playing a joke on him? Why reverse time if he still can't meet her...!?

He just wanted to see her beautiful black hair, emerald eyes, and her lively smile. As well as hear her enchanting voice call out his name again...

He was about to give up again when he bumped into a beautiful silver haired girl...

At first he thought nothing of it...but then he felt his heart itch...

He looked down at his chest and widened his eyes in shock. The white diamond pendant...turned green...

Emerald green...just like her eyes..

Then he remembered something she told him on his birthday as she gave him this pendant...

"This is a gift my father gave me. He told me these twin pendants were enchanted by a sorcerer." She held out two white diamond pendants.

She smiled and said, "one for you and one for me! My father said that when the two owners of these pendants met, it would glow in the color of their eyes. So if we get close to each other, your pendant would glow green and mine would glow blue!"

Then the young girl put the pendant around his neck.

"So if your feeling lost and your looking for me, you can look at this pendant! Father said the owners of these pendants souls would be intertwined! So we'll always find each other no matter what!"

"Hehe..happy birthday, Charles!"