▪︎ chapter 14

Start from the beginning

What is he sorry for, Hueningkai thought, knowing there were a number of reasons as to why he could be apologetic but specifications were a requirement.

"About yesterday, I shouldn't have forced you in to talk to me. I-its just that I need you to tell me what I did wrong. Why you're acting this why, and why we've distanced so much. This is not us kai, this was never us. I want what we used to have"

Soobin turned to face the younger and Hueningkai could never do the same. He thinks if he stares into Soobins eyes one more time, He'll kiss him, and he'll kiss him to show how much he needs Soobin and how all this is something kai doesnt want either.

Just like 'that' day. The day Hueningkai knew both of them fucked up real time. The significant reason why both of them distanced so much in the first place and how they both got really needy. Hueningkai reminisces that day sometimes. Albeit, he wants it back.

But he cant-

He can never-

Instantaneously, Hueningkai feels a hand slightly brushing over his and Hueningkais heartbeat increases in an insane rate. He breathes to cope with the pounding heart but no avail and immediately, he throws Soobins hand away from his own.

"K-kai"

Soobin is unable to finish since Hueningkai gets up and runs in the bus, so grateful that the bus arrived just in time.

Soobin walks behind him, disintegrated from Hueningkais weird move. He knows Hueningkai is avoiding him and he suddenly remembers Jeongins words.

Friends dont ignore you like he currently is. Soobin, get the hint! He doesnt want you around anymore. Stop the chase already!

A shaky breath emits the older as he makes his way to the bus and taking his usual spot, farther away from the group of students who like to be loud. His attention is outside the window and hes pretty sure that Hueningkai thinks hes a jerk now.

                               °♡°

"Hueningkai, you're here", Jeongin let out a small smile.

"I thought you wouldn't come to school today", he continued

"Why did you think I wouldn't come?", Hueningkai raised a brow

"Uhm, to be honest, you seemed kinda off about the idea of me liking Soobin. Perhaps is it because you li-"

"NO NO. Its nothing, r-really.", Hueningkai let out a nervous sigh

"Oh..okay", Jeongin returned a smile.

"I'm so nervous", Jeongin put his hand to his chest and let out a sigh of exasperation.

Hueningkai slightly frowned

He must really like Soobin

But like the cowardice he was, he could never let anyone know or figure out his high school girl crush on Soobin and to be honest, it wasn't quite conspicuous either.

"When are you confessing to him?", Hueningkai asked

"Well, I don't mind doing it right now. The day has barely started and it's not another 40 minutes until we have to go to our classes", Jeongin replied

"Oh...o-okay", Hueningkai approached the bane of his existence, a tall, humped figure who stood quite a distance away from him.

"Soobin hyung", Hueningkai called his name out, making the boy shoot his head up at the familiar voice.

His eyes locked with those of Hueningkais and he was quite surprised to find the boy standing before him, As to he thought that maybe Hueningkai wanted to sort things between them, start all over again, probably apologize-

"Well...I'm not gonna make this long but..."

Hueningkai paused for a moment. He looked at the older who looked dazzled and confused.

"But?"

"Uh...J-jeonginlikesyou", Hueningkai hurriedly said the words, faster than his own mind could process it. His eyes stayed close while he said it, feeling the second hand embarrassment of Jeongin "possibly" getting rejected.

Soobin comprehended it clearly and he was thankful he understood it in the first try but that wasn't the major point here. He stared at Hueningkai for a while, as to say to him

But I dont like him that way

And hes majorly glad he didnt say that out loud because at the back, a small figure looked deadly anxious as he kept a keen eye on Soobins unreadable expression. He'd figured out that he, himself wasnt gallant enough to walk up to Soobin and ask him out. Thus, needing Hueningkais assistance.

Anyways, the current situation turned out to be more awkward than expected. Soobin and Hueningkai hadn't peeled their eyes off each other and Jeongin, utterly confused, thought that the moment of heartbreak was approaching his way un-anticipatedly.

Hueningkai didnt know what to say. He's been liking Soobin before he realized it and he doesn't want to make it obvious because just why would he want to do that in the first place? He knows theres no way.

Soobin on the other hand, has other things wandering in his mind as he looks into the youngers scintillating eyes. He wonders if he likes Hueningkai because everytime he thinks of dating someone, Hueningkai is the only figure that comes to his mind but to him, Hueningkai seems slipshod about the idea of them getting together.

He's ambivalent about his feelings for Hueningkai and he doesn't wanna lead them on. It's not corroborated but hes infering that Hueningkai doesn't like him, because if he really did, Hueningkai wouldn't be helping Jeongin confess to Soobin. And Soobin knows he probably likes Hueningkai but also, he doesn't wanna break a heart and be the one to be stuck in a "unrequited" love zone.

Devising the conclusion in his mind, he thinks he is in charge of stepping up the game, so he does what he thinks is best.

Soobin peels his eyes off of Hueningkais and looks over to Jeongin who suddenly looks at the floor, his brain suddenly being a victim of calamity.

Hueningkai watches as Soobin approaches Jeongin and his heart suddenly drops, because what he hears is something that he will never be able to unhear now.

"Let's date Jeongin ah"

---------------------------------------------------------