Seeing things

Chapter 2

I unlock the door and step inside, it is dark so I fiddle around with the switch. Finally I find it, the lights flicker in a sort of eerie way and almost instantly a musty, stale smell hits me with a slight earthy sweet touch to it. About three metres in front of me is the grand staircase and to the right I see the dining room. Assuming my bedroom is upstairs I make my way up, the staircase creaking under my feet, the railing squeaking under my hand.

Everything looks so ancient - antique style ouches, floral cushions and velvet curtains. It kind of reminds me of my Grandma’s house, but grander with lots of lovely paintings too. As I walk past a portrait of a lady it feels like she’s watching me. I shivered. What are you thinking Casey! It’s just you’re mind playing tricks on you.

Just outside of my bedroom is the lounge area including the top of the grand staircase. Where the stairs and the railing continues in a sort of square spiral, around an empty space that leads down into the main entrance. After I’ve unpacked I head down to find the kitchen and get myself some chicken curry, yum!

I decided to go to bed early and read, on my way I notice a face on the wall of a pretty girl with curly brown hair and a swirly, clover pattern retreating from her face. What is with clovers and this place? Wait did her eyes just move? Oh my god that’s just creepy! Stop being stupid, you’re just seeing things. In my bedroom there is a four poster bed with a floral cover, a wooden wardrobe, a massive mirror and oh a fireplace too. The fireplace tools were even creatively held in a knight of silver armour. It was pretty cold so I went over and got the fire started. The flames were up and alive until they suddenly died down into embers. That’s weird I thought the fire was going so well.

_____________________________________

Heeey guys! 

Omg two reads! yay! : ) Merry christmas to whoever is reading this and a happy new year! : )  What do you think of it so far? plz comment your opinions XD 

xo Sarah_leeeeee xo