Unhappy Father's Day Part 2

3rd Person's POV: Tobey's Robots were on a rampage. Tearing up roads and sidewalks. Throwing cars and all sorts of havoc. But Wordgirl was easily defeating them one by one. But as she was fighting she saw that Tobey wasn't being completely himself. Usually Tobey would use this opportunity to talk to Wordgirl or attempt to flirt. As well as to brag about how he is gonna defeat her. And things like that. But he just was standing there seemingly thinking to himself. She didn't understand it but something felt. Different. Once she got the chance she flew over to Tobey to confront him. "Stop this Tobey! This has gone far enough!" She said as she was still annoyed by earlier. "Ah Wordgirl right on time I suppose, You've come to stop me and then take me back to my mother for punishment?" He said irritated. "Look Tobey maybe you don't like Father's Day but a lot of people do. And you have no right to ruin there day." She said With Authority. "There day? What about MY day?! I've had to deal with hearing 'My dad is so wonderful.' And 'Me and my dad are going for ice cream later on after school' and all that nonsense." Tobey exclaimed. "It's not nonsense! Why do you loth this holiday so much?!" Wordgirl asked in frustration. "Non of your Business!" "Considering the fact that your trying to wreck Father's Day this IS my business!" Wordgirl replied while moving her hands to where the Robots were. "So just tell me!" "No!" Tobey shouted. "Tell me!" Wordgirl shouted back "NO!" "Why do you hate Father's Day?!" "BECAUSE IT ISN'T FAIR!!!" Tobey yelled. Everything went silent. Worldgirl didn't know what to say to that for a moment. She didn't at first understand what he meant. Tobey stood there for a moment before quickly turning around as he felt himself getting emotional. He sat down on a ledge of the building there were on top of and just gave himself a moment to breathe. Eventually Wordgirl had enough of the silence and decided to ask further. "What do you mean 'it isn't fair'?" She asked feeling kinda bad now. Tobey felt he had no choice but to explain now. He already just blurted out that he my as well just say it. "It isn't fair. Everyone around here gets to celebrate this holiday with there Father. I hear how people get to talk about how wonderful there dad is and how there gonna do something for them. While I stand there knowing I can never do or say any of those thing." He said his voice cracking a bit. He felt tears come down his cheek and quickly wiped them away before Wordgirl could see. But she could tell he was crying a bit. She now felt sad for Tobey. "Why not?" She asked. Tobey wouldn't look at her but he turned his head a little in acknowledgment. And he began to explain. "When I boy my father was a man of inventions and science. Evil science I may add. And to me he was the best one in the world. I wanted to be just like him. He wasn't as much of a villain as I am but he was still great. And I loved him. But." Tobey's voice began to crack again and be started tearing up more which fogged his glasses and his vision. Wordgirl could tell this and walked over to him. She sat next to him and he turned his head. Not wanting her to see him like this. He began to speak again. "On the day before Father's Day. When I was 7 in 1/2. My dad got into a car accident while coming home. And he... he died." Tobey said with pain in his voice. " and the next day. I could hear kids talking about there dads and everything a-and I realized I couldn't do that anymore. I was gonna go home and I wasn't gonna be able to say 'Happy Father's Day' to my father when I got home, or show him a craft I made for him. Or anything ever again!" Tobey said. Tobey couldn't hold it back anymore and coved his face as hot and painful tears ran down his cheeks and his vision blurred. His once blind rage turned into great sadness. Wordgirl felt really bad for Tobey. She didn't know he lost his dad. She had always assumed his parents divorced or something but never death. She didn't know what to say but she understood what it was like to miss a parent. Her father wasn't dead to her knowledge but she hadn't seen him since she was a baby. She didn't know what to do at first but she had to do something. So she just wrapped her arms around Tobey in an attempt to comfort him. Tobey got shocked at this and looked over to his right. "I am really sorry Tobey. I didn't know you lost your dad." She said. "*hiccup it's ok. It's not your fault." He replied. They stayed like that for a while till Tobey finally calmed down. Thankfully Tobey's Robots hadn't gotten to far into there destruction so Tobey has them put everything back and fix what they broke. He then Thanked her and walked off. Some time later Wordgirl was flying around town as sort of an inspection to make sure everything else was ok. When she came by the cemetery she saw Tobey again sitting next to one of the grave stones. She went to check to see if he was alright. Tobey was sitting there with his face buried in his knees almost like he was curled up in a ball. "Hey Tobey. Are you ok?" Wordgirl asked while walking up to him. Tobey looked up and gave a sad smile. " Yeah. Much better actually. I am just nervous about going home. I know my mother won't be happy." He said. "I wanted to ask my dad what to do." He said and put his head down again. Wordgirl put her hand on his shoulder and he pulled her into a hug. She hugged back and sat next to him. "Hey you know you were going through something so. I think I will give you a pass on this one." Wordgirl said. "Really. Wow thanks." Tobey said happily. "But on conditions." She stated. "Yes?" Tobey asked confused. "1 you have to not wreak Father's Day ever again. I know it's tied to something sad but you shouldn't let your grief out on others." She explained. Tobey was silent for a sec but nodded in agreement. "Anything else?" He asked "And I want you to try an celebrate Father's Day too." She said. "How? I have no dad to celebrate it with." He stated. "Yeah. But you have a mother. And by celebrating it you can tribute your father. As like a memorial thing." She explained. "But what if it hurts.?I mean whenever I think of him I feel sad." Tobey asked. "It probably will at first. But soon enough you will feel better. I promise." She said. "Thank you." Tobey replied. Wordgirl and Tobey starred into each other's eyes for a moment almost not wanting to look away. Until Tobey interrupted. "So Wordgirl since were getting to know each other's lives better how about we go out or something?" He asked with a hopeful smile. "Sorry Tobey I have to head back now. But maybe later." She said. "Ok then" he said a little disappointed. And with that Wordgirl flew away. Tobey walked home now having a better mood and an even stronger Love for Wordgirl.