Slow Dance and Lullabies

A beautiful girl with long blonde hair walks in the midst of a farmer's market wearing a long colorful boho maxi dress. She stops before a seller and picks up a large peach.

She slowly glances over it and brings it forth to smell it. Unaware she is being watched.

Blake, Selene, and Damian act naturally a few stands away. All three wearing sunglasses and summer clothes from how hot the weather has become.

"So, are you going to go talk to her?" Blake looks at Damian. Harous palms clammy, and her raising at a million per second.

"I am. I just. I'm waiting for the eight time. That's all!" He shrugs his shoulders, nervously looking at her through his glasses and turning away as she begins to walk closer.

"Oh for heavens sake!" Selene chuckles and walks towards the beautiful young woman.

"Ah- Sel? Wait, no." Damian tries to reach for her, but it's too late. She makes her way next to her and stops next to her as she pretends to buy fruit from the same spot where the girl is buying.

"Shit! I'm nervous as fuck Blake!" He says nervously, running his fingers through his hair.

Blake chuckles, looking at both girls as they begin to talk.

"Well, maybe you should go and talk to her before my wife embarrasses you and calls you out. You know she will too." He tilts his head and grabs a small hand made rattle in front of him. Gesturing towards the old man and giving him a fifty dollar bill in his hand.

"You gotta stop buying shit! Seriously. " Damian says nervously, making Blake chuckle.

"Hi, how much for these strawberries?" Selene asks the lady selling the fruit.

"Oh don't get that basket." The beautiful blonde explains.

"Oh? Why not?" Selene as kg s with a smile.

"They're too ripped. If you're going to eat them now, it's ok. But if you're thinking of storing them, they won't li at you past two days. Trust me." She smiles at Selene, looking over the boxes of strawberries and placing one on Selene's hands.

"Here! These are perfect." She smiles at her, grabbing another box for herself.

"Thank you! I appreciate that." Selene smiles, grabbing a strawberry and biting on it. A moan escaping her as she tastes the sweetness of it.

"See? I told you." She giggles and grabs a strawberry for herself.

"So, how far along are you?" She asks Selene as she takes another bite of her strawberry.

Selene smiles, looking down at her bump and rubbing it slowly.

"Oh, um, well! according to my doctor, 18 weeks now. But I have a feeling these little ones aren't going to wait until their due date." She giggles leaning in closer to her.

"Oh you're having twins? That's wonderful! All the best to you honey!"

"Thank you." Selene smiles from the side of her face towards her as she glances towards the peaches and figs.

"So is this your first time? I mean, being pregnant?" She smiles and looks towards the old man, handing him a few apples she wants to purchase.

"Yes. I finally get the chance to settle down, and start a family. And to be honest, I'm nervous as hell. Wish my sisters were with me to give me moral support you know?" She smiles and realizes the girls face turns sad and serious for a few seconds.

"Yeah, I know the feeling. I haven't seen my sisters in a very long time." Her eyes close and she looks away momentarily to fight back her tears.

They both pay for their strawberries, and the beautiful girl is just ready to say goodbye, but Selene stops her.

Taking off her sunglasses allowing her to see her properly.

"Em! Don't leave please." She pleads with her, making Emma stop on her tracks. Eyes wide open and mouth quivering.

"What did you call me?" She turns, and slowly, Selene tucks her hair on the back of her ears, allowing Emma to take a look at her better.

Though Emma is shocked, she knows that the only way they could be here, was because Carrie is finally dead.

Something she had longed for and wished for centuries ago.

Her eyes watered, she drops everything in her hands and covers her mouth as the tears roll down her cheeks.

"Elena? It's you! It's you! It's really you?" She throws herself with her hands around Selene's shoulders, crying uncontrollably and embracing her tightly.

"It's me sister! But I'm not alone. We're here to bring you home. What do you say?" She looks over past her as she sees Selene glance towards her back.

Emma's heart drops and her stomach fills with butterflies as she sees Damian in the back standing next to Blake.

"I'm not Elena any more. My name's Selene. And, Keiran goes by Damian now. My hot hubby of course, doesn't go by Alarick, but Blake." Emma still standing in shock, her eyes locked on Damian as he slowly walks towards her as well.

"But of course you'd ignore me to reunite with your man! Sure! I don't blame you. I did the same when I came back from the dead and reunited with mine. Locked ourselves in that damn room for days having sex! Why do you think I'm preggo now? And you're still ignoring me." She glances at them with a smile on her face.

Damian and Emma embrace each other tight, unwilling to let go. Blake slowly holds his hands around Selene as he stands behind her, gently rubbing her stomach.

"They look wonderful together don't they? She's so beautiful." Selene says in a low voice leaning her head against Blake's shoulder.

"Yeah, they look happy together. But, you're more beautiful baby. You'll always be the most beautiful to me." She smiles, turning towards him and placing her hands slowly around his neck.

"Good answer Mr. Landon. Now, how about that slow dance you promised me tonight?" She smirks and kisses his lips making him smile.

"Anything for my queen!"

THE END