❀ ʙᴏɴᴜꜱ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ: ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ ❀

Magsimula sa umpisa

I don't have to say anything as I turn to face him, pulling away from his embrace but then grabbing his hand again. I hold his arm up to his face, forcing him to stare at the bands. After a moment he seems to realize what I've found, but he only shrugs at me.

"I'm surprised you didn't notice earlier." I clench my teeth, shrugging back. So this is what he's been planning. He's only been trying to distract me. All this time.

"So am I." He wrenches his arm from my grip but not before I can kick out my leg, thwacking his ankle with my foot. He stumbles to the side but catches himself, ripping off his bands and reaching into my cloak. My cloak. My weapons.

I duck, anticipating his move before he can make it. I can sense something sailing over my head but I ignore it, my hair flying as I lunge for Richard, aiming for my cloak. If he escapes now, he'll get to the Gem before I do. He crouches down and strikes the ground with his arm, sending an overwhelming whirl of dirt and leaves flying at me. Even though I'm blinded I still move forward, and I manage to grab cloth in my hands. I've got it. But not him.

I change my direction, dashing towards the Transfer Point. Richard's already there.

"Aval-" Before he can finish yelling out his destination I tackle him, dropping my cape to free my hands. I can hear him grunt when we hit the stone of the Transfer Point but I only draw water to my fingertips, shifting my weight now that I'm kneeling over Richard's chest. I keep a hand by his neck, lifting the other so that it's aimed at his face.

He doesn't move. He doesn't say anything, he only breathes heavily, carefully looking back and forth between my hand and my face. I squint at him, trying to remain light so that I'm ready to move.

"Why did you stop?" He smirks in response to my question, sitting up so that his face is right in front of mine. I nearly lose my balance since I'm sitting on him but I hold my ground, glaring at him instead.

"Gwen, I thought you taught me to always make the best of my situation?" He leans closer, scanning my face.

What's he doing...?

I stare into his eyes, lowering my hands as my breathing becomes heavier. But I end up gritting my teeth when he laughs, and I can just barely feel his breath on my lips before he shifts his gaze to the sky and yells.

"Avalon!"

Not a moment after he's yelled I'm surrounded with a bright light, and then darkness as I feel my body, my spirit, drifting away. He did it. We're on our way to Avalon now. We were in contact with each other when he yelled, so we'll appear together again. I float around for quite a bit as we Itinerate, but eventually I can feel warmth weaving through my body, bringing me back together in the darkness. There's light again.

As soon as I can feel myself on solid ground I force myself to move, the sound of chatter and movement reaching my ears. We made it. I'm surrounded by tall and shimmering buildings, and there are bustling people that fill the paved stone paths around us, even though we're in the early mane hours. It's very crowded here in Avalon, with colorful structures practically layered on top of one another, all of them decorated with gems and pretty items that make them stand out. I would enjoy it if it didn't mean so many places to hide.

I let my eyes scan the crowd, backing up so that I can blend in with them. I need to find out where Richard went, but I also need to make sure no one recognizes me. I glance at my Tydor, the diamond bracelet around my wrist. After taking a deep breath I focus on where and how I'm walking, and what my objective is. I need to stay hidden. Blend in. Just long enough to reach my target. After a bit I can feel my surroundings fading, becoming blurry. I've covered myself, and I should be hidden. For how long, I do not know. This usually works better on Earth with humans and their weak eyesight, but this Realm is a different case.