Chapter 1: Get Away

*your name= Y/N Dewitt Bukater*
*some parts of this story are made up, so don't get confused when you're reading a part that's not from the movie*

"Mother, what is the name of this ship again?" My sister, Rose, asked.

"Oh, it's only the Titanic! It's the grandest ship in the world, fit for a family like ours." Cal interrupted, being as snobby as he normally is. He is due to marry Rose in August, but I don't like him.

"Why do I have to wear this dress? It's too long, I keep tripping on it." I told my mother, having to lift up my ball gown to walk.

"Y/N, it makes you look pretty, for once." She whispered under her breath, but I heard.

My family are a bunch of snobs, and Rose was turning into one of them. I shot her a look to say I was going off, and she nodded back.

I lifted up my heavy dress and started to run. My heels kept getting caught in the net of the dress, but it was alright. Everybody was looking at me like I was some kind of hood rat, but I didn't care one bit. I was running through all the people, pushing them out the way so I could get on the ship.
I sprinted across the walkway that was connecting the boat to the port, and I burst through the stuards.

Everybody was waving at the top of the boat, and I wanted to join in. I ran up to the top deck and pushed through the crowd of people. As I was getting to the railings, I stepped on someone's foot.

JACK'S POV:

All the people of Southampton were waving at the ship. I was lucky I was even onboard.

"Lucky we won that poker game, huh?" I said to Fabrizio as I waved back to the citizens.

"Oh yeah! We could have been one of them, like right down there." Fabrizio explained to me, but then I suddenly felt someone step on my foot.

"Sorry! I'm trying to get to the railings." This beautiful girl started to talk to me, she looked like she was 1st class.

"It's alright. It didn't even hurt anyways." I stopped waving for a second and just looked at her, her angelic red curly hair was all tied up in a tight bun.

"I'm Jack Dawson." I put my hand out for her to shake it.

"Y/N Dewitt Bukater." She shook my hand back and we stared at each other for a few seconds, smiling. Our hands were still in tact until she pulled away.

"Well, I better get going, before my mother gets worried." She laughed and ran away.

I waved to her and watched her big dress flow behind her. I saw her disappear into the ship.

"You like that girl, don't ya?" Fabrizio was trying to wind me up.

"Ahhh, it's nothing. She's 1st class anyway. Low chance I'll ever see her again." I said back, Fabrizio looked at me with a little smirk and turned around to wave to the people.

Y/N'S POV:

I ran all the way back to my room, bumping into people on my way. Of course it was the fanciest of fancy. Cal probably made an offer with the stuards and the crew. Mother had arranged for us to have afternoon tea in the dining room, which everyone called the 'snake pit' . So I had no choice but to go back to my room. My sister was getting her dress ready.

"Where did you go, Y/N?" Rose asked me, she was beginning to get a thick, posh British accent like the others, but I wasn't gonna fall into that trap.

"I just went to wave goodbye to Southampton, you know, at the top of the ship."

"Oh, I saw you up there. You were talking to a boy....who is it?" Rose looked suspicious.

"I was just apologising to someone, I stepped on his foot trying to get to the railings. It's no big deal." I said, trying to explain.

"I know it's a big deal because the way you looked at him was, different. You were smiling. And laughing." Rose told me what she saw, doing my hair up at the same time.

"He's 3rd class anyway. Mother would never allow it." I slouched down but Rose pulled me back up.

"Don't sit like that. It's bad for your posture . And you can wear my black corset today, it will make you look, slimmer." Rose instructed me, but I had enough.

"Oh my god, get off of me! I've had enough of the tide up hair, a-and the bundles of makeup and the tight corsets! I'm not going to that stupid dinner!" I shouted at Rose and stormed away, she looked at me in shock. She was turning into a monster, like the rest.