1. HE SEEMS MORE EXCITED.

ELLA

ELLA

I scribbled in my notebook, feeling someone's sharp gaze on me. Looking up, I questioned, "What?"

To my annoyance, my twin brother, Leo, answered in a questioning tone, "What?" We playfully repeated the word back and forth until I rolled my eyes in irritation – a habit of mine. "Stop with thrift shopping already," I said, teasing him as usual.

Leo replied with a smirk, "Gladly, but for the record, you started it, baby sister." He loved reminding me that he was three minutes older, and I playfully smacked him on the head in response. Despite his annoying antics, I adored him.

The detention room was drab, and I just wanted to get out of there. Leo blamed me for our punishment, making me feel like the bad guy. "Well, I don't like it when people talk to my brother in a disrespectful manner, and I also don't like going to her class," I explained, expressing my protectiveness for him.

Finally, the bell rang, and we rushed out of the detention room. I would rather sit in the library. It's one of the most peaceful spots I've ever been to. I couldn't help but mention how much I missed my best friend, Veronica, who had moved to Italy. Our friends at this new school were limited, and it wasn't as fun without her.

Oh wait, I never gave a proper introduction about us.

I'm Ella Mcknight, the daughter of Alexander Mcknight, one of Britain's most successful industrialists. I'm 18 and so is my twin brother; he's three minutes older than me, which is annoying because he never fails to pull his elder brother crap on me. One more things we aren't identical I'm 5 feet tall, and Leo is 6 feet tall. Can you imagine him being 6 feet tall and me being 5 feet tall? Yeah, he's got another reason to bully me. Our mother abandoned us when we were 4 you don't have to pity us. We were raised by our super dad, he is our role model, he never lets us feel sad or gloomy, he has always been there for us no matter what. And we love him the most.

"School is no fun without Veronica; I miss her," I groaned because I was missing my best friend, Veronica. She is my only best friend, my second partner in crime as first has to be my annoying yet caring twin. She is sweet, caring, cute and my soul sister. We sifted to New York from England five months ago whereas she shifted to Italy from English obviously, because of her mother. When we were being separated, we sobbed uncontrollably. Plus about our friends in this school, well we don't have many friends.

"I underst-" he didn't get the chance to finish his sentence as he collided with a blond girl, her book fell on the flood.

"I-I-I'm so s-s-sorry I didn't m-mean- " She stuttered as she was afraid and embarassed, with a note of terror in her voice. She was afraid because some jerks at our school created false and illogical rumours that my brother was a gang leader and that we were bad news. Gang leaders, are you serious? This was why people are afraid of us and refuse to speak to us.