60. Heartbreak anniversary

"Balloons are deflated
Guess they look lifeless like me
We miss you on your side of the bed, mmh
Still got your things here
They stay with me like souvenirs
Don't wanna let you out my head"

~ Giveon

Kennedy banks pov
Saturday 9/17

"Has the lawyer called you back yet ? "  I asks india for the sixth time as I walk back and forth in the hotel room

"Has the lawyer called you back yet ? "  I asks india for the sixth time as I walk back and forth in the hotel room .

It been a week and we still haven't heard back from him Von or Durk . I'm literally worried sick !

I haven't been able to sleep much and I haven't ate at all but I keep throwing up  . All I keep thinking is that he's never coming and no matter how much I try to fight those negative thoughts away , him not calling is making it worse .

I don't know if he's okay , if he's getting out , if their sending him to prison , when his court date is , or how long he's going to be gone . I don't even know exactly which jail he's.

I'm just clueless and sad. India and I have been trying to comfort each other by staying positive  but as the days pass I can see her hope fading .

She's been going through this with Durk for a while now , but something about this time just feels different. Maybe because we know their guilty and it's one of the most serious charges in the book .

I keep praying and asking for forgiveness but why would god forgive me ? I'm basically a murderer . I got someone's life took and now he's taking my life from me . I can't even function without Von anymore .

Ever since we've been back together it's like I fell deeper and deeper for him making it almost impossible to live normal when he's not around . I hate that I'm dependent on him but that's my truth ... I need my baby back home .

Their probably treating him like shit . Like less of the amazing man that he really is !

I don't want my love to be labeled as a gang banging , drug selling , killer cause he's so much more than that and I know the world knows it . I just wish it showed .

"Not yet " india sighs picking up her phone "I'm going to try again "

"Okay I'm going to try to call ten more of these jails to see which one there in "

India chuckles a little and shakes her head "Kennedy you know that type of stuff is googleable "

I drop my jaw a little and huff " so you telling me I've been researching all these Jails for no reason ? "

"Bitch they famous just go look on shaderoom and see where they at " she laughs then dial the lawyers number .

I look up Vons name and sure enough the first things that pop up is a news story on how him and Durk got arrested .

"Clayton county jail " I mumble to myself reading over the article . I search up the jail and go through records to find Vons . I search up his name and read the charges .

"Shit " I mumble and drop my phone on the table

"What happened ? " India asks concerned .

"It's says he got charged with murder , attempted murder , premeditated murder , vandalism, breaking and entering and fetal homicide " I tell her reading off the charges . Her phone falls out her hand I hear her exhale before the tears slowly start to fall which of course causes me to join .

"What if I never see my baby again ?" She asks through her tears "What imma tell willow? " she cries " what imma tell her ? "

I get up and walk towards her then embrace her in a hug "Your going to tell her the story of how her daddy came home "

"Bullshit " she shakes her head "Georgia love locking us away I just know they gone try to hold him " she cries

"Indi u have to stay positive, how many cases has Durk beat so far ? "

She sniffs a little and looks at me "all of them "

"Okay then " I nod trying to be encouraging "this one ain't no different "

"Kennedy you heard those charges " she sighs "that shit crazy "

"Those were Vons charges not durks "

"Okay they did it together so what you think they gone do ? Just let Durk free " she asks sarcastically

"No but I know that he will be home sooner " I attempt to convince her and she looks at me with saddened eyes.

"so what about you ? " she asks "you know the system hate Von ass "

"Well of course I'm scared shitless but you told me that their lawyer got them "

"And I thought that until he stopped answering his phone " she points out " that means that he's either stomped or he's given up completely " she tells me . I listen to her words and huff angrily .

How the fuck can a lawyer give up ?! His job is literally to fight cases and defend people , how can he just quit like that . The system is so damned rigged . I swear they just want them to fail .

"So what the hell we gone do? "

"I don't know " she shrugs " I might have to call some people from o block to pull strings with who they know in the system if that's possible "

"Well we can't give up " I mumble then look at her deflated face . I exhale then get up and grab my phone walking out the room .

I hear her call after me but I decide not to turn back . I refuse to give up on Durk or Von and let them get lost in the system like the slaves they want us to be .

They've been working to hard and accomplished to much to be set back ten steps and I'm damn sure not finna let that happen because of me .

All Von was trying to do is protect me and things got out of hand so he shouldn't have to spend the rest of his life is prison for trying to defend me from a women beater . He's my man , and protector so who wouldn't do what he did .

I don't know how I can help or what I can do to get in contact with this lawyer but I know one person who can and will get them off because of his connections in this buisness .

I get in the car and pull out my phone to start tapping the screen . I sigh a little and shake my head before pressing call .

I hate to resort to this but this is my only hope .

"Hello ?"

"Hey money ... it's Kennedy "