12. Emotionless

"Breakin' news in my life, I don't run to the blogs
The only ones I wanna tell are the ones I can call
They always ask, "Why let the story run if it's false?"
You know a wise man once said nothin' at all"

~drake

Kennedy banks pov

"Ooouuu yall Kennedy's here !"kayla yells and opens her arms for a hug

"Ooouuu yall Kennedy's here !"kayla yells and opens her arms for a hug. I smile and greet her then walk in the door . " girl everybody's in the kitchen maw finishing up the food " she tells me walking towards the dining room .

"Uhm " I stop her and she turns around "who all in there ?" I ask more ghetto than I intended . I guess it's my nerves .

Kayla burst into laughter and shakes her head. "Girl Von not in here if that's what your asking "

"No that's not what I meant " I laugh with her . I'm not even worried about Von being here , he living his best life with his boo.

"It's just Grandbabi, Wayne , maw and unc " she tells me and I sigh feeling relief that His cousins aren't here . They were way to rude to me last time and that's just something I don't feel like dealing with .

I follow her to the dining room and walk my way to the table .
"TT!" Grandbabi yells running to tackle my waist into a hug . A smile covers my face and I pick him up giving him a big squeeze.I've missed this little boy a lot more than I knew I would .

The couple days he stayed over the house was the closest thing Von and I had to a real son and he was great . So joyful , full of life , never whined . Plus he made Von so happy . I honestly wish we could've kept him for a while . Maybe Von and I would've ended up different.

"I missed you Grandbabi "

"I miss you to " he pulls away "where you been ? "

I take a moment to find and appropriate answer then speak "oh just been working " I nod

"Oh I thought you was in the street " he says bluntly and I turn my head head at him .

"Why would you say that ? " I chuckle

"Cause I told uncle Von you was coming today and he said fuck that hoe she for the streets "

I gasp at him and Kayla chokes on her water ."boy " Wayne calls out and pulls Grandbabi away from me as I stand frozen in shock . "What did I tell you about that mouth ? " he asks him walking off to the table