24. Right thru me

"I'm actually frontin', I'm asking you something
Yo, answer this question, class is in session
Tired of letting passive agression
Control my mind, capture my soul
Okay you're right, just let it go
Okay you got it, it's in the can
Before I played it, you knew my hand
You can turn a free throw to a goal
Nigga got the peep hole to my soul"

~Nicki Minaj

Omniscient pov

About three minutes pass of Kennedy of Von intently staring at each other with many emotions going through they're heads . At first it was shock , then it turned to anger , and now it's just confusion . They haven't seen each other in a year and all the thoughts they had about each other changed at this very moment . Everything felt blank .

"Welp " Durk says after looking at them anxiously waiting for one of them to speak "looks like I came to the wrong damn house gosh darn it " he sighs fakely and Kennedy breaks her gaze with Von to mug him . Vons eyes hasn't left her face once "thank god were here though because I think I forgot my charger " Durk says quickly and pushes pass Von to zoom in the house before kennedy can react .

Kennedy looks back at Von and stands there awkwardly not knowing rather to go back to the car or stay there and continue the staring contest .

His eyes rake over her body sending chills down her spine then he steps to the side to allow her to Walk inside . She stands still and tries to get her thoughts together before moving .

"You coming ?" Von asks growing impatient. She hadn't heard his voice in a while and it honestly calmed her down in a way that she didn't even realize .

She nods a little and walks in slowly , letting her scent tickle his nose as she walks pass. Von closes his eyes remembering that smell the slams the door behind her making her jump a little . His anger resurfaces after realizing that it was her , in front of him , in LA. Like everything just snapped at once .

He doesn't even know why he's pissed , but he is so he disappears into the hallway to walk up the stairs .

She exhales the breath she was holding in while waiting at the door then spots Durk in the kitchen with juju , and cisco . She storms into where they are and stands in front of Durk with a frown .

"Oh my god Kennedy I didn't know you were in town girl "juju fakes gasps

"Save it " she mugs him "Durk I'm going to kill you ! Why would you bring me here ? " she questions him

"Girl I got lost I thought this was my house " he lies and she stale faces him . "Okay fine I left my charger over here and I need to find it " he lies again

"I have a charger , we can go " she says then tries to walk out .

"Unt Unt I got a special phone your charger ain't the same as mine " he tells her

She purses her lips and turns around " what kind of phone you got ? " she asks him

"The iPhone ... max.. nine - plus pro eleven " he stumbles and she shakes her head while juju and cisco laughs " look the point is I can't leave without it so you just gone have to wait "

"Fine I'll wait in the car " she shrugs and snatches his keys out his hands "you better hope I'm still here when you come out " she mugs then walks out the door without looking and bumps into a body almost falling down .

"My bad " she mumbles then looks up to see von with true in his hands and Asian walking behind him . Kennedy is stuck staring at the active baby on his arm and doesn't even notice asian giving her a mocking smirk .

"Showtime " juju mumbles to Durk and they dap each other up

"Hey Kennedy I ain't know you was in town " Asian smirks and sits on the counter . Kennedy ignores her and continues to stare at true in shock . She knows Von has children but seeing them in person has a way different affect on her from just knowing he has them .

Being in front of her and seeing a real life child in his hands felt like reality slapping her in the face for the first time . And it hurts .

Von notices her staring and she quickly looks away and tries to shake of the sudden sadness she feels , trying to turn it into confidence .

"Congratulations " she manages to say , looking into his eyes . He nods a little and looks away . He knew if he looked at her again , he would break , and he didn't want that to happen again .

"So why is you here ? " Asian asks Kennedy . Kennedy turns towards her and frowns .

"Ask Durk " she tells her and everyone's head turns to Durk . He starts fake patting around counter and looking under stuff .

"I'm looking for my charger " he lies .

"Mhm " Asian scoffs " nah you thought you was finna bring her in here and take my nigga from me Tuh try again cause that plan ain't work " she smirks

"Girl Shutcho ass up " Durk snaps " you don't wanna know what my original plan was " he says and juju and cisco bust out laughing remembering the conversation in the groupchat that Durk called off when Kennedy said she was back with Daniel . That didn't stop him from bringing her over here though . He refused to give up on their relationship.

Kennedy shakes her head at him and prepares to walk out again . "Durk I'll be in the car " she says lowly , not being able to stand in the room with Von and his family anymore .

"Say Kennedy ?! " she hears a familiar voice call after her . She turns around and look at Von . It's catches her by surprise so she stops trying to leave and walks back towards them . "Where deon at ? "

"Who ? " she questions him . He tilts his head at her annoyed that she's acting like she don't know who he's talking about .

Which she did , she just wanted him to put some respect on Daniels name .

"You know who the fuck I'm talking about ? " he says aggressively and she rolls her eyes

"He stayed back in Chicago " she smirks preparing to be petty "holding down the house until I get back "

She hated being petty towards him but she knew the only reason he brought that baby and Asian in the kitchen was to get under her skin so she planned to do the same .

"You proud to be with a snitch ? " he questions and Asian laughs loudly then connects her arm around his neck . She was being petty to .

"He's not a snitch " Kennedy defends him " why do you care where he's at anyways ?"

" I don't the fuck " he mugs .

"Okay then so don't ask about him " she rolls her eyes

"Fuck him ! you in my house . So fuck you , fuck him , and fuck tooka! " he yells making true start crying at his loud voice .

"I don't wanna be in this stupid ass house " she yells back

"Get the hell out then !" Von points at the door . Asian jumps at his loud voice and furrows her eyebrows at him . She wondered why he was so angry at Kennedy , or even talking to her in the first place .

"I wi- "

"Aye " Durk cuts Kennedy off "yall chill " he laughs realizing that it was going to far . He knew they would argue but he didn't think it would be this bad . Every word they said was so filled with emotion , and anger over the smallest thing .

"I want to go Durk , I don't want to be here " she huffs

"Okay well I have to find my charger so deal with it and sit down " Durk tells her then snatches his keys back .

"Durk I'm not about to be - "

"Ah aht " he covers her mouth and throws her in a seat "shush "

Asian laughs and kisses Von on his lips. He doesn't kiss back and just has his nostrils flared the entire time "dinner anyone ? " she asks

"Hoe you don't cook! "Durk yells out